thirty three

word count: 4.3k

a/n: yall covid has gotten so bad here, it's utterly ridiculous at this point 

~

'Look, I don't know what we're going up against, but I can guarantee it won't be pretty,' Donna said from the driver's seat.

'We're going up against our friends,' Dawn reminded her.

'They may not be our friends anymore.'

'I won't hurt Gar. I don't care what they've done to him. I just won't...' Rachel then began running her hands along Eleanor's trench coat in fascination.

'Why are you stroking me?' Eleanor asked and looked down to her right at Rachel. She had been forced into the middle seat, shoved between Rachel and Kory and the gun in her waistband was digging into her hip, but it was the only one she had on her. She insisted that she bring her other guns with her, but Dawn and Kory forced her to leave the majority, all of them, at home. 

The entire car trip was unpleasant.

'I've never seen you wear this before,' she hummed quietly. 'Zoe said Bruce gave you a new suit?'

'I'm not ever putting it on,' she quickly said and looked out Kory's window. Rachel opened her mouth to ask why, but Eleanor stopped her. 'I don't think I want to do this anymore. I think I'm going to go back to Detroit.'

'What?' All the women in the car asked and looked at Eleanor. Donna grabbed at her neck after turning so quickly.

'I'm getting too old for this shit,' she murmured and sat back in her chair. 'I'm sick of this life...'

Kory and Rachel shared a glance around Eleanor.

'Look if there are innocent people we need to be prepared...' Donna was interrupted by a rain of bullets hitting the windshield and smashing it into pieces. The car skidded to a halt as the airbags deployed and the engine of the car burst into flame. Through the smoke, Donna saw an approaching figure. 'Deathstroke. Get down!'

Eleanor slipped out of her seat and ended up on the floor as Kory and Rachel hid behind Dawn and Donna's seats. She fumbled around for her gun and quickly took it off safety before sitting up and pointing it at Deathstroke, who was a short distance away, directly in front of her, firing endless rounds into the car.

He stopped as she fired twice and the bullets bounced right off of his chest plate.

'Fuck!' She yelled and ducked back down, looking at her gun. It wasn't her bullets that were faulty, his armour was just incredibly impressive.

'You guys stay here, I'll draw his firepower out,' Kory said as she opened the car door.

Rachel cried out in protest and Eleanor attempted to grab her by the hand, and she was successful in stopping her from going all the way out, but Kory still managed to get hit. Eleanor yanked Kory back into the car and reached over to slam the door shut.

Rachel grabbed Kory's arm and looked at the graze the bullet left.

Everyone fell silent, including Deathstroke's gun, as somebody landed on the roof of the car. Their heavy feet caused the roof to cave ever so slightly and caused the metal to groan and whine in protest of their weight.

Eleanor pulled her gun back out and sat up, slowly moving close to the front of the car in time with the other person, who was walking towards Deathstroke. She kept her gun trained upwards at them as the roof bent with every step they took. At this point, she was side-straddling the console, one foot on Dawn's chair, the other on the back seat, ready to give her enough push to get her through the windshield if she needed to tackle anyone's ankles.