six

word count: 1.9k

a/n: so I really am writing this in google docs and uploading it bit by bit so it's going swellingly bUT how good is season 3???!??!

~

Watching the TV screen from a distance, Eleanor tossed her pen on her desk and leaned back in her chair, her eyes following the article headline that moved sideways across the blurry picture of Robin. Masked vigilante reigns terror on Detroit. They were badmouthing Robin, who had taken down a small drug circle and the one and only Tyler Hacket, a guy they had been after for a while.

Eleanor supported Robin and his actions wholeheartedly and gladly voiced her opinion when asked. Adrian had to tell her to calm down by the end of her rant after she was asked is she thinks Robin should go back to Gotham or stay.

To her right in one of the temporary holding cells, she had to listen to Tyler Hacket try and convince her that he was innocent. The fresh stitches and blood on his clothes disproved his claim that fell upon deaf ears.

After Dick proposed the files to their Captain, it quickly became an open case and Eleanor quickly jumped on it along with several others. She had spent ages trying to hunt him down to arrest him, and she finally had done so whilst on her first Graveyard shift back since the incident.

'If you don't shut up, I swear to God Hacket!' She pointed her finger at him as she turned in her seat. He muttered something under his breath and sat back in defeat.

Dick entered the bullpen and stared down Hacket as he approached Eleanor's desk.

'Any news?' He asked, referring to Hacket's trial.

'Nothing as of yet. And he's just filling my ear with utter bullshit... I'll let you know when the court gets back to me,' she said through a yawn, rubbing her eyes with her palms.

Dick nodded at her answer, satisfied with it, and walked away from her desk, only to stop Amy on his way to the coffee machine.

'Hey, any luck on that Robin thing?' He asked her as she stopped and turned to him, attitude dripping from every move she made.

Eleanor sunk down in her chair and put her feet on her desk, hiding behind a random folder as she listened in to their conversation with great interest.

'Wait, are you talking to me? Is everybody else dead?' She asked and tilted her head. 'Because I clearly must have to be the last person on Earth for that to happen.' Hearing a small giggle, both Dick and Amy turned their heads to look at Eleanor, who was clearly listening to them and not actually reading the empty folder.

Dick rolled his eyes and turned back to Amy.

'I guess I haven't been the most welcoming,' he admitted to her, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

Not that she would ever let him know, but that small smile won her over immediately, although she knew she couldn't give up her act of annoyance just yet. She wanted to make him feel bad just for a short while longer.

'Hey, Grayson? You got that thing for helping out kids?' Office Pedesco asked as she entered the bullpen, her hand casually resting on her hip.

Dick sighed a little with a nod, annoyed he couldn't finish his apology to Amy, but followed after Pedesco into the interrogation room that was down the hall. Eleanor leant back in her seat and watched him closely.

Amy walked over to Eleanor and crossed her arms, both women watching Dick collect a file from Pedesco.

'He can be a bit of an ass,' Eleanor said and looked up at Amy who raised her eyebrows. 'But while you're here, I want to both apologise and introduce myself, formally,' she said and rose to her feet quickly, sticking her hand out.