ten

tw: guns, violence, blood, fighting, all that titans stuff

word count: 2.8k

~

The family of four, who all looked like they had been whisked right out of a 1950s television set, stood in perfect formation with deceitfully warming smiles. Eleanor stifled her laughter by covering her mouth with the crook of her arm. Her eyebrow rose in question— Now, who did they think they were? She thought to herself.

'Who the fuck are these four?' Hank asked them all rhetorically as he approached them, his tall figure towering over them.

The eldest man of the four stepped out from behind the woman, whom Eleanor only assumed was his wife. In one swift move, and with only one hand, he shoved Hank to the ground effortlessly.

Eleanor spun around and grabbed Rachel.

'Move it!' Eleanor said without hesitation and pushed Rachel after Dick, who had grabbed the young girl's hand and begun dragging her across the rooftop— Clearly, the both of them had the same idea in mind— Get Rachel to safety.

'Stay here. The both of you,' Dick said and gave Eleanor a pointed look but the woman simply ignored him and fumbled about to undo her jacket.

As Dick ran away, Rachel looked at Eleanor with wide eyes hoping to see the woman looking just as distressed as her, but she panicked when she saw a determined look on Eleanor's face as she pulled her lone shoe off her foot and tossed it away.

'Don't leave me!' Rachel begged as Eleanor then dug around under her jacket. She firmly placed a handgun into Rachel's clammy and shaky hands, the young girl looking down at it with wide eyes.

'If you feel threatened, you shoot. Hear me?' She asked sternly. When Rachel nodded she didn't hesitate to throw her jacket onto the floor and dive right into the action, her other handgun in her left hand.

Eleanor ducked under the swing of the teenage boy, who had a pole in his grasp and elbowed him in the face, shoving him to the floor by barging his chest with her shoulder roughly. What she wasn't expecting was for a rope to go around her throat and tug her backwards.

She spun around and grabbed onto the rope with her free hand, yanking the young girl on the other end of it to the floor, before taking the rope off of her neck and ducking under another swing from the quickly recovered teen boy. The kids were built like superhumans and it was freaking Eleanor out.

Just as she turned around to make sure the girl was still on the ground, she saw Dick go flying off the building, causing her to freeze in fear, a gasp leaving her mouth for the scream in the throat remained logged there. During the small three seconds that she was distracted, the two teenagers got back up and overpowered her by kicking her in the stomach at the same time.

Eleanor smashed into the floor on her back as she tried her hardest to keep her chin tucked into her chest so her head wouldn't bounce on the ground. She felt around blindly for her gun that she dropped upon impact, gasping for air to recover the wind that was knocked out of her. 

The older woman suddenly appeared over Eleanor with the missing gun in her hand— a strange, calm, smile on her face. She opened fire on Eleanor who rolled out of the way twice, but the last shot proved she wasn't so quick and the bullet lodged itself into her waist.

Eleanor cried out in pain but remained thankful she only had three rounds in her clip. She rolled onto her stomach and began to drag herself towards Hank and Dawn, who were being held down by the rest of the unhinged family.