seventeen

word count: 2.6k

~

Eleanor looked up from fixing her bedsheets and looked at Dick, who was standing in the doorway wearing nothing but a pair of tracksuit pants. She smirked a little and looked back down at what she was doing, causing Dick to chuckle in amusement before he entered the room.

'You alright?' He asked and watched her as she sat down on the bed and fell backwards into the pillows.

'Incredibly sore,' she muttered, earning a small smile.

Dick slowly laid down next to her, sighing in pain as he sunk into the pillows face down. They smelt strongly of her shampoo, which was coconut. With quite a few grunts and groans of pain and discomfort, Dick rolled onto his back.

'Back in the asylum, did they show you things?' He asked her as they both stared at the roof.

She hummed and asked, 'Like what?'

'Like, memories. Except they were twisted?'

'Like it played out normally like you remember but had a different ending?' She asked him, causing him to snap his head to the side to look at her.

'Yeah.' He breathed out heavily. A few moments passed until he asked her, 'What was yours about?'

Eleanor contemplated on telling him or not. She wanted to tell him, she wanted to tell him everything, but whether he would be upset with her or not for lying to him was the thing stopping her.

'I was home, back in Gotham with my mother. We were in my room, I had a fever. I was overworking myself with Floyd and she was looking after me, still not knowing what I was actually doing with him... She thought I was just babysitting his daughter, Zoe. Which, I was originally. When she got up to leave she was sniped down... I mean, that's how she died, but it wasn't there and then. They took one of my best memories of her and turned it into the worst,' she mumbled with a frown as she finally found the courage to look at him.

'I'm sorry about your mother,' he said quietly, rolling onto his side to face. She shrugged and looked back up at the roof before asking him what he was about. 'Some Robin thing. Fucked around with who was taunting me...'

'I'm sorry about Robin,' she said and copied his actions by rolling onto her side.

'So am I,' he muttered with a hint of humour. 'I like you, Eleanor.'

'I guessed so,' she said, causing him to laugh quietly. 'I like you too, Grayson... I've had my eye on you for a while.'

'Wow, you're just gonna admit that out loud?' He asked and crossed his arms and tucked his knees up to his chest as she laughed and sat up, using one arm to keep herself propped up.

'Well whilst I'm embarrassing myself, I should also let you know that I am very insecure about my height, I can't drink milk, and way back when we were younger, I had the biggest crush on Robin. Now it's your turn,' she said and looked away, her cheeks growing pink.

Dick laughed and pushed her arm away, causing her to fall onto her side, her face landing just a few inches away from his.

'Well... I think you're beautiful,' he mumbled and placed his hand on her cheek, running his thumb along the bridge of her nose. 'I knew from the moment we met at the precinct you were gonna bring me back to life...' Eleanor stared at him in awe. He brushed his thumb over her bottom lip and gently pulled at it. 'Did I mention I think you're beautiful?'

'Twice, actually,' she said quietly, her eyes trained on his lips instead of his eyes.

'I think...'

'Just kiss me.'