##SCREAMING MATCH##

⚠️possible verbal abuse ahead, you've been warned⚠️

A little over a week had passed since the Phasmaphobia stream. The numbers next to his name were steadily going up, and he couldn't help but grin. This was finally a chance. He would finally be able to leave the house. Setting up his stream for the day, he put on his 'Stream starting soon!' screen with his mic muted as he checked discord. The lineup today was different, one of the people he played with yesterday and 2 new ones, the 4 of them playing Warzone.

Looking at the messages, a new one popped up from Matt.

You ready to game gamer?

Yup, just waiting on an invie

invite*

sounds good. want me to send one? waiting on you

let me start stream real qucik

👍

Changing the screen to a loading bar, he spoke. "Evening chat! How's everyone doing?" He asked as various 'hello''s and 'good''s spilled in, noticing that the view count was higher than before. Trying not to get caught in his nerves, he continued. "As you probably saw from the title, we're playing Warzone today! I haven't played in a bit, but it should be fine. Also! I'm joined by a few people who you'll see here in a few so let me," He said pausing as he accepted the invite and joined the game, switching over the screen with the game. "Join the stuff, ok!" He said as he was dragged into a discord channel.

"Ok guys, this is (Y/n), He is in fact a real gamer so treat him with respect," He said as the two people in the call introduced themselves as Smii7y and Grizzy. 

"Nice to meet you ᵍᵘʸˢ," he said, his mic's volume going down as he become quieter in the discord call. "What happened to your voice?" Smii7y chuckled. "ᵂᵃᶦᵗ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵛᵒˡᵘᵐᵉ ᵍᵒ ᵈᵒʷⁿˀ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵐᶦᶜ ᶦˢ ᵏᶦⁿᵈᵃ ᵒˡᵈ ʰᵃⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ˡᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ⁻" He said as a loud boom could be heard as (Y/n) hit his mic, the volume fixing itself. "That better?" He asked as the people in the call laughed.

Starting up the first match, the group spawned into the plane that would take them to Verdansk. 

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

Everyone at that point had stopped streaming and was logging off for the night, The only people in the discord call were Matt and (Y/n). As the two chatted, (Y/n)'s door opened and in stumbled his father, reeking of alcohol. Turning around to face him, hoping he had pressed the button to mute the call, took off his headset to listen to his fathers drunk ramblings.   

"Who're you talkin' to?" He slurred slumping over on his unmade bed. "It's uh- It's video stuff, you know?" He responded. He hated when his father got like this. He never got physical, thank god, but the verbal part of it is what scared him. "You know, you're real lazy, you should go out more," He said, dragging out the 'e' in real. "You pay rent this month?" He asked, looking around the room. 

"Y-yes sir," He stuttered out, looking at the ground. "Look at me when I'm talkin' to you," He graveled. As he looked back up, his father was starting to get up. "Get off your ass for once and do something with your life, Lazy piece of shit," He said as he exited the room, slamming the door behind him. He thanked whatever god above that it wasn't as bad as it usually was, but it still got to him.

'don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry don't-'

"(Y/n)?" 

Looking at the headset that sat on his desk, he mentally cursed himself. Placing it back on, he spoke. "Sorry about that, my dad can be aggressive sometimes." He said, not wanting to go into detail.

"Does he hit you?"

Slightly taken aback, (Y/n)) spoke again. "N-no, but he does yell a lot."

"Listen, (Y/n), I know we've only spoken like 2 times, but you seem like a very genuine and kind person and I'm sorry you have to go through this. I don't want to pry and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I'm always here to talk if you need it. Nobody should have to go through this." Matt said. Chocking out a small sob, (Y/n) responded.

"Thank you, Matt."

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

628

sorry this was short, schedule hanging with writing bc school, v sorry!