Chapter.23 Forgive but not forgotten

Ch.23- Forgive but not forgotten

* Sunday *

I groan as I turn onto my side, curling myself into the source of heat that I know is my imprint, Paul. I let out a yawn, opening my eyes, still sleepy. I pause suddenly and realize something. I don't feel any pain at all from yesterday with the newborn fight when I had saved Jacob and Leah from a pesky newborn. I bite my lip as I do feel a small sharp pain come from my right shoulder but I ignore it.

I open my eyes and see Paul sleeping soundly, his eyes fluttering slightly as he dreams. I let out a sigh, both from the pain disappearing from my shoulder and from looking at Paul's handsome face. I lift my hand to Paul's cheek and lightly caress it, feeling the heat coming off of it. I see the corners of Paul's lips turn up into a smile as I caress his cheeks. Most people think that Paul is the most hot tempered wolf out of the pack but he does have a softer, caring side that comes out every so often.

I move my hand away from his cheek and watch as Paul's mouth form into a frown and his dark brown eyes open to meet my dark blue ones.

“Morning Paul.”I say to him, smiling at him as a small smile appears back on his lips from seeing my face.

“Morning Jaclyn.” He says back to me, the way my name rolls off his tongue combined with his husky morning voices sends shivers down my spine.

“I figured it was time for us to get up before we get an early wake up call.” I comment to him and he gives a small laugh. I see worry appear on his face after he laughs as he realizes that I'm on my 'supposedly' injured side.

“Are you okay? Are you in any pain? Should I get you anything? Maybe, you should roll onto your back.”Paul panics, attempting to roll me onto my back but I slap his hands away in a playful manner, not hurting him at all.

“Paul, babe, relax. I'm fine. I'm not in any pain at all, I promise.” I say to him, trying to calm him down. He looks at me with a confused look on his face and I place both of my hands on his cheeks, making him stare into my eyes as I try to calm him down more.

“How can you say that? You just got your ribs crushed yesterday!” Paul exclaims, a tiny bit of anger in his voice.

“I heal faster than you guys remember? Normally it would take two to three days for one of the guys from the pack to heal but since I have the Alpha Protector wolf gene in my DNA, it takes less that amount. My ribs are healed and I don't feel any pain at all. If you want, we can phone Carlisle up and see if I can go for a doctor check up, okay?” I state calmly to Paul and he calms down.