Chapter 17: Meeting Up

Summary: Evelyn and Tamaki find themselves alone, and to try and help Tamaki feel less uncomfortable, Evelyn starts a conversation. They find out they have many things in common, to which Tamaki is very happy about. Later that night, Tamaki rethinks over the talk. What are his thoughts?

Bonus: Evelyn thinks she catches Mr. Toshinori hiding something when she walks into the kitchen, and he quickly hides some papers. Before she could ask about it, he's asking her about having to be at the dorms, and walking away, with the papers. How does she react?

× × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × ×

(A few minutes later)

Evelyn stood in the courtyard, waiting for Tamaki. After training with Monoma, she slept for a few hours but was unable to go back to sleep. Then she realized how much she craved some coffee.

But she didn't want to go alone, leading her to see if Tamaki was awake. Which thank god he was, she didn't want to sneak out alone. He didn't take long to answer the text so she most likely didn't wake him up.

When Tamaki got down there, Evelyn nodded at him. "Hey Tamaki. Ready to go?"

Tamaki took a moment to notice she didn't have her mask on, him seeing her full face for the first time.

"Yeah," Tamaki's nodded, joining her side as they walked. "What are you doing awake? And may I ask why you don't have your mask?"

"I came back from training and slept like 4 hours and I can't go back to sleep. What about you," Evelyn eyed him, tucking her hands in her pockets. "And I didn't feel like putting it on. Don't tell anyone, I'm not supposed to take it off."

"I had a later patrol with Fatgum and couldn't go to sleep. Tried to do homework but couldn't focus either," Tamaki explained quietly.

Evelyn took note of how he was a little uncomfortable, and thought of ways to make him feel more comfortable around her. "What's your favorite movie?"

"Movie?"

"Mhm," Evelyn confirmed, watching him think.

"Uhm... I mean, I like Harry Potter movies, but I also like some horror movies. I don't think I could choose a favorite," Tamaki's mumbled the last part, then looked to her. "What about you?"

"I couldn't even choose three favorites," Evelyn sighed. "But some are Spider-man: No Way Home, uh, Dead Poet's Society, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Although I also love Harry Potter, both the movies and the books."

"I've never read the books. I like reading but I don't really have a ton of free time to sit down and read."

"Do you have a favorite book," Evelyn questioned, curious.

"It's been awhile since I've read a full book... Oh wait. Song of Achilles," Evelyn smiled behind her mask.

"Really? I love that book."

"It was one of the few books I made time to read," He looked to her. "Do you have a favorite?"

"It Ends With Us by... Colleen Hoover, I believe."

"I've heard of it, never read it," Tamaki looked up to see that they were entering town.

Some late Christmas decorations were still up early, despite the incoming spring. Heavy snow still littered the sidewalks, showing evidence of the cold weather.

And despite spring coming in quickly, nights were spent with snow falling harshly, leaving the days with slow falling snow and commonly multiple feet high snow in the courtyard.