Chapter 28: The Next Morning

Summary: Denki and Evelyn talk some things through and agree that this is something they want to hide. So they have figure out their lie. How do they manage this?

× × × × ×

The next morning, Evelyn woke up to her door being opened.

"Oh Evelyn!!"

Definitely Denki.

"Go away."

"It's tomorrow!"

"...fine. Close the door," She groaned, sitting up. Denki listened, sitting at her feet.

"Should I be worried," He asked, genuinely.

"No," She yawned, rubbing her eyes and standing up to make coffee. "It's more simple then what I can assume you're thinking."

"Then get to spilling, I wanna know why I was kidnapped!"

"Mhm," She sat back down on her bed. "Toga and I used to be friends. She's jealous I have new ones since she became a villain. Kidnapped you, tried Mina before you. End of story."

"...that's it," He scoffed. "I wanted drama! Why'd you guys stop being friends?"

"She went psycho," Evelyn shrugged. "Before that, I handled her episodes and issues but I was a child myself, I couldn't handle that particular time."

"What happened," He asked, looking to Evelyn. She stayed silent. "Okay, not relevant anyway. Just... How did you know where to find me?"

"Toga came here as you," She sniffed, rubbing the back of her head. "I went to go check up on you and "you" started acting too much like Toga. Bringing up past things and stuff. Got the idea pretty quickly."

"After some talking, and her destroying your room, I got her to bring me to you," She shrugged. "We used to be close, I know how to calm her down. At least when she's not too bad. At some point, it gets to a point where I can't control or handle her."

"Oh," He nodded. "Okay, well... Are YOU okay?"

"I'm just fine," She stood to get her now finished coffee. "But uh, I wasn't the one to get kidnapped. What about you?"

"Yeahhhh, about that," He chuckled. "Please do not tell anyone about how I was last night... And don't say anything to Shinsou."

"Here's the thing," Evelyn huffed, frustrated. "I was hoping you wouldn't tell anyone about what happened. And I know that's hard-"

"Okay," He smiled, nodding. She turned around to face him.

"Okay?"

"Yeah. I don't 100% know what happened, and if you don't want people know what happened between you and Toga, I can keep it a secret. But you have to help me come up with a lie," He shrugged.

"I can definitely do that," She nodded. "With some of your help. The easiest way out is to say you actually just ran away for a bit but I'm pretty sure Toga said something about the LOV kidnapping you. Heard some classmates talking about it."

"So we need to find out what Toga said to twist it," He asked and Evelyn agreed.

So here it began. First, Denki went to Mina while Evelyn went to Toshinori.

Denki's Perspective:

"Yeah, I guess last night is pretty foggy," Denki groaned, dropping his head back against his dorm room wall.

"Yeah," Mina nodded. "So how did your room get destroyed?"

"No idea," He looked to her. "I don't remember much of last night. Did I say anything like embarrassing to you?"