Chapter 21: Quirk Testing No. 2

Summary: She starts her testing with U.A., and most of the tests shown that she was fine to continue on with training. Maybe some concerns here and there but way less then expected. Just as they were going to end testing, something happens. What happens?

× × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × ×

(Next day)

It was time to do some tests, with the teachers. They weren't too bad, almost like she was just doing her normal training. As Evelyn was training, Nezu, Aizawa and Present Mic talked to the side.

"Well so far, most of the tests come out the same than when she first took them. She is... A little more aggressive and it might be something to keep an eye on. But currently, it looks fine," Nezu looked over the results of each test.

"She fights the same way too," Present Mic noted. "Again, a tad bit more aggressive, but the way she moves, throws punches, or any attacks is the exact change."

"Except for looks and mentally, almost nothing changed," Aizawa cut in himself.

"She says she can control it all the same. Its just the matter of what happens if she does lose control," Nezu starts writing something down. "Ms. Serpento! Have you noticed any differences when you were doing your normal training routine?"

"Uh, not exactly," She shrugged, stopping herself from continuing on. "Feels almost the exact same. The only difference I feel is that I feel lighter and almost as if it's easier to move around."

"Alright, you may continue on," Nezu wrote on the paper. "So its almost the same on either side. The only concern is making sure she keeps under control, which we can't 100% help with. That's going to have to be up to her. I say we don't have much of a concern, up until she loses control."

"Well that's good," Present shrugged. "But it's a complete mystery what happens up until she loses control? We have no way of knowing what will happen?"

"That is a downside," Nezu sighed, putting his paper down. "But we are all aware of what could happen so we all with try our best to keep her under control. It's all we are capable of at the moment. She shouldn't have to downgrade her quirk, that's what we're trying to avoid."

"It's a risk to keep this upgrade but it's just as much as a risk, if not more, for her to try and downgrade. After speaking to her doctor, she said that her trying to downgrade could make her lose control, permanently take away her quirk or detatch her quirk from her body, giving it free will. And those were best case scenarios."

"And worst case scenarios," Aizawa asked, eyes trained on Evelyn and Cementos sparring.

"Life long complications, her quirk gains permanent control to do anything with Evelyn's body, and if that happens, there's a large possibility her quirk would be able to act as her perfectly, and well, death. So we want to avoid the downgrade if we can. There are too many risks that are too highly probable. Understood?"

"Understood," Both Aizawa and Present Mic repeated with a nod.

Once they got to their last test, Nezu spoke up once again. "It's getting quite late. Ms. Serpento, this is your last test and then you're free to go home and rest, alright?"

He was met with silence. He looked to her. "Evelyn?"

She stood dead still in the middle of the training area, staring at the ground. She seemed just to be thinking.

"Evelyn," Aizawa spoke louder, trying to catch her attention. Again, nothing.

Mr. Toshinori looked from a distance. She wasn't still from his angle. She was swaying somewhat, eyes moving rapidly as her head was bowed down.

Before any teacher could reach her, she took one step forward. "Evelyn," One more called out as she started walking forward, almost limping. It was chilling how silent she was.

Before anyone could reach her, she was gone. Her quirk had to have taken control, considering she just ran through the wall like it was styrofoam.

"Well shit," Presents Mic groaned.

"Don't worry," Nezu spoke up. "And don't send out pro heroes."

"What? This could be deadly," Midnight looked at him like he was crazy.

"If we draw attention, the mayor could see. The mayor isn't even aware of the upgrade. Us staff members have a better chance of getting her back safely then what the mayor would do if he found out," Nezu stood grabbed Aizawa's scarf to help him down to the ground from the table he stood on.

"Not to mention this could be one of our students in trouble if she lost control that easily. It's risky but we don't want the mayor to get her first so lets move fast."

× × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × × ×

WC: 796