Chapter6: Danger

Chapter 6

 Jasper sent waves of refreshing calmness over my soul. I relaxed in his arms while Demetri played with his Volturi crest necklace. Demetri had packed four big bags, two knapsacks, a sports bag and a shoulder bag. Inside were my clothes, sneakers, books, and my other possessions including my laptop.

I thanked him and he muttered something that sounded like “ Easy peas”. Whatever Demetri. But I’m starting to like him. He seemed like Jasper’s best friend but I still haven’t asked. Maybe they have a past and it was cut because Demetri had joined the Volturi and Jasper had joined the Olympic coven.

Jasper had told me over and over again that Charlie would be fine and that I’m not making the biggest mistake of my life. I just nodded and let myself be assured by my mate.

“ Jasper, can I sleep? “ Demetri’s sexy voice sounded in the cool late evening.

My eyes widened and I flinched from Jasper’s grasp and took a look at a snickering Jasper.

“ Sleep? I thought you guys don’t sleep. You’re vampires. “ I gritted through my teeth.

“ I was kidding Bella. Can we please go? I’m missin’ Jane. “ Demetri said.

Jasper chuckled. The sound of bells chiming and it was a good music in my ears.

“ You and that Violent girl? “ I teased. My tears now dry on my face and I was smiling.

“ You are so gonna pay for that Bella when you change. I will challenge you in a race. From Volterra to…” Demetri drawled. Then he threw his hands in the air.

“ Alright. Alright. Let’s go. “ Jasper said and he pulled away. My lips pouted and I shot him a glare.

Jasper laughed again. Oh.. the music..

“ What’re you laughing at? “ I said.

“ Nothing. Okay, Bella. Hop on my back. We’re running to Seattle. “ Jasper said.

“ And what?!?!??! I’ll carry all these bags?” Demetri complained.

“ Of course, Unless you want to carry my Bella?” Jasper clenched his teeth.

“ No thanks. Jane will strangle me to death. “ Demetri said.

Jasper didn’t answer and I stuck out my tongue at Demetri. He gave me stern look. But I can tell that he was just playing with me.

I jumped on Jasper’s back and hugged his neck. My legs placed on his waist. Jasper crouched and he asked me if I’m ready.

“ Yes. I’m ready.”

“ Demmie? Are you ready?” Jasper said. I can say he was smiling. He was probably teasing Demetri.

“ DO NOT CALL ME DEMMIE. OR ELSE. I’LL BITE YOUR BELLA.. “ Demetri said. His teeth barring and it gleamed in the moonlight.

“ Cut it out. Let’s go. “ I scolded the both of them, but I was grinning like a moron.

“ By the way, why are we going to Seattle? “ I added hastily.

“ We left our Ferrari there. “ Demmie, I mean Demetri said.

“ Ferrari? Oh right. “ I answered.

I was surprised because Jasper was already running. He was like gliding on the pavement. I could hear Demetri cussing at the back. But he caught up with us, seconds later.