Chapter23: Bad News

Chapter 23

Jasper's body tensed and Master Aro's smiling and happy face faded and turned into a worried and fierce one. I, myself, was also surprised by Renata's sudden enter in the room to deliver the bad news. But what really is it?

" What is it Renata? " Master Aro's voice rang in the study. 

'' Master, we have been informed that an army  of new born vampires in Moscow, Russia have been performing massive attacks to the residents. The humans are beginning to take notice. And we also received a threat that their coven are going to overthrow us. They have a total number now of fifty seven new borns. And they are coming here in three days. " Renata finished while Jane was throwing dagger looks to no one in particular.

" What?! " My perfect musical voice echoed. Jasper held my arm and kissed my forehead and then i felt calm.

Russian vampire new borns are forming an army so they could overthrow us? Overthrow the Volturi? What were they thinking? 

" How did you know? " Jasper asked in a soothing voice.

Renata and the guards turned to him.

" A member of the army called Alec. They told us everything. " Chelsea said.

" I bet it's their coven leader. " Jane chimed in.

" Hahahahahahahah! Ahahahahah! " Master Aro's laughed hysterically. Like he just watched a Mr. Bean show.

" Master? " jane asked as her angelic voice rang in the room, she glided towards Aro who was throwing his head back as he laughed.

" My little Jane! Do not fret my dear! We are strong. And we have friends from other strong covens. We can call for them and they will help us in the war. " Aro said in an authorative voice. 

" Master Aro is right.  We have nothing to fear. " Jasper assured us in his calm voice.

" Now, what we shall do is.. call for our coven friends.. The Cullens, especially. And..uh.." Aro stopped as Caius entered the room with Marcus following, his robes billowing.

" Brother.. What is the matter? " Caius asked while Marcus threw us his accusing looks.

" Alec was called by the Coven leader of an army of new born vampires from Moscow, Russia.  He had been informed that they will come to attack here in Volterra in three days and overthrow us. The humans had also began to take notice. "  Aro said.

" That's insane brother! What are we gonna do? " Marcus chided.

" Easy brother. Calm down. We'll just have to call our other coven friends and prepare for the war." Aro replied like he was just supplying answers to a teacher's question. Aro sounded like a genius ten year old.

He glanced at little Jane who was smiling wickedly and  then drew his eyes on me. I noticed that all of the guards were now inside Aro's study. Their beautiful fgures glowing inside the enormous room.

" Bella, dear! Your very first war. I expect you to do good. What with your fire manipulating gifts and exceptional fighting skills, you are going to contribute a great part in our victory.  " Aro told me.

I flashed a brilliant, bright smile and opened my mouth to speak.

" Yes, Master. I will not disappoint you. '' 

" Very good, Bella. " Aro said to me. Jasper's hands squeezed mine and I gave him a light smile. He smirked,

" Thank you Master. " 

" We have to get to work now Master. We should inform the other covens. " Jasper suggested. Aro nodded and with one snap of his powdery skinned bony fingers everyone stood straight as they waited for the instructions to be given to them.

" Felix, Jasper, Isabella--- ( I flinched slightly when he called me by my first name ), Demetri, Santiago, Afton, Corin, Alec, and JAne, you will have to prepare for the war. Enhance your abilities. Chelsea, Heidi, Renata,call the covens in touch with us. That's all. Get to work now! " 

And with Aro's final word.. we fled from the study leavng him with brothers Caius and MArcus. 

----------------------------

hey, sorry for the chapter. i will promise to write longer in the next. it's just that we have  a problem here at home and I don't have much time to use the laptop. Hope you understand. 

xoxo,

diandra :]