Chapter3: Healing

chapter3

My neck was now hurting from craning it just to get a good look at them. I hoped i'll be down there with them now. I don't care how dangerous the two of them are. Even though Demetri is a very skillful tracker and Jasper is still not in control of his bloodlust. Jasper seemed like reading my thoughts because he ran in vampire speed towards my house and climbed like a spider monkey up to my window. He hustled himself up in a nd landed quietly on the floor of my room. I took a look at Demetri's fierce face and heard his sexy voice grunted. Jasper made a noise like a purr and the next thing I knew, I had thrown my arms around his neck and i was hugging him like there's no tomorrow. He hugged me back tightly. But no so tight that he could squeeze the life outta me. I didn’t breath any air because I was so occupied breathing on his scent. I snuggled in his chest and he rested his chin on my head. Unaware, I was already bawling like a baby. My tears were streaming down from my face and Jasper was rubbing my back trying to calm me down, sending me waves of calm. In an instant, I stopped crying.

“ Jasper… He left…. He left me….” I stammered, still burying my face in his cold marble chest.

“ Sssh… Bella…Bella… I’m here. “ Jasper whispered at me like he was talking to a lover.

He lifted me up without saying anything and he carried me.

“ Hold on Bella. “ Jasper said and then, carrying me in his arms, he leaped from my window. I inhaled a lungful of his pleasing scent and then we landed silently on the soft patch of grass in our backyard.

I could see Demetri sneering in the dark.. The last time I saw him was when we visited Volterra, last seven months. He had been a little rude to me back then. And even now, he’s showing his evilness. Jasper put me down and looked at Demetri. I recalled flunging myself at Jasper for a hug and crying to him. I blushed five shades of red. My heart, even though still bleeding, was dancing like a boogie man. My ears were getting hot and I felt frozen on the spot. I don't know why but I was feeling so weird? Confused?

" Bella. " Jasper said my name like he was praying to a goddess. I snapped out of my disturbing thoughts and I blushed more. Demetri, the evil laughed.

" Oh. Sorry Jasper. " I uttered. I gave demetri a death glare.

" What are you laughing at? " I said to Demetri. But Jasper cut him off what he was trying to say. Jasper looked at me.

" Its okay Bella. But first, you must know why were here. " Jasper said, then he looked down. Like he was shy and ashamed. But then he looked up again and took one step closer to me. His exquisite face hovering on me. I felt like drooling over his hotness. I want to lie down in his strong arms and stay there forever.. I wanna.. CUT IT OUT BELLA! I scolded myself. This is just so weird to be attracted to Jasper, since he's married to my best friend, Alice.

 What I forgot was that Jasper could read my feelings and he could manipulate my emotions. But! Was he manipulating me into being attracted to him?

" Okay. " I mouthed stupidly. Looking down on the grass. 

Jasper took my hand and tilted my chin up. WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHAAA?!!! 

" Look at me Isabella. " He whispered, his gentle voice ringing in my soul. I took a deep breath, ignoring Demetri who was chuckling in the corner. I know he heard my heart beating so loud.

I nodded at Jasper and ignored myself who was blushing and the thumping of my heart that Demetri and Jasper could hear.

But you know what at the moment? I was thinking of Edward as a part of my past. The wound in my chest was healing now. And the sight of these two vampires made it possible.