Chapter 1 - You're free

It's been seven days. At least that was what I thought. It felt like an eternity that I had been held captive by those Nilfgaardian assholes. They suddenly appeared in the village where I lived, killed some people and captured everyone else, like myself and my family. I passed out when they took me, the last thing I saw was a man in an armor who set every house on fire, including the house I once lived in. Then I woke up in tiny cell with just a small window that was completely out of reach even for the tallest person in the world. I was there all alone but when I once asked a man who came to give me a tiny piece of bread, he told me that everyone else who was held there had to share their cells with at least five other people and that my family was amongst them. Then this jerk spat on the ground in front of me, shut the door and I never saw him again.

Then, some days later, there was another man who killed two people trying to break out right in front of the door of my cell. Though I didn't see what he was doing, I heard every sound which already was enough to make me feel extremely dizzy. I've never heard anything like that sound when a knife cuts through the throat of someone and alone at the thought of that I could have vomited, if there would have been anything in my stomach at all. Without much thinking, I shouted at the murderer in front of the door because I wanted to know why I was the only one alone in a cell when every other person had to live with other people. He didn't answer at first but I wouldn't give up. If this was the place where I'd die, I might as well be a bit courageous and annoy the Nilfgaardian soldier. „You can be fucking glad that I'm ordered not to hurt you. If I wasn't you wouldn't breath anymore." „Ordered by who?", I asked and the man looked really angry. „By the same asshole that didn't want us to put you in a cell with other people." Now he almost shouted at me before turning around, taking some steps and then shutting the door with a loud bang.

I didn't know how much time has passed since then when suddenly the door opened again and a man that I've seen at the attack on our village entered. He was different from the other soldiers. He stood up more tall and wore his armor with more grace than all the others. He looked around the cell for a moment, then he looked down at my sitting figure and simply said: „You're free."