Sky City Pt 2

"For weeks now I've lost three assistants as they suddenly disappeared from the face of the Earth... Just recently a city patrol guard stopped a woman from getting kidnapped by a mysterious figure... Upon inspection the figure turned out to be a goblin with leather armor. Now during this time lots of my own inventions have been stolen, and the City rules forbid me from investigating my own case. However I did catch a pair of Goblins inside my facility taking my inventions, I killed them due to the sheer shock of their presence but that was a mistake as I should've seen where they are coming from." Tinkerer said leading them around the building as she went to work on random inventions.

"So that's why you called us."

"You specifically but yes. I wanted you to help get rid of this problem. Also I hope you know that I'll only be paying for you." She said turning around looking at the Artificer.

"Wai-"

"That's fine Lady Tinkerer I'll give them my earnings." The Artificer said cutting the Elf off.

"Hmph. Ok then so tell me what you need."

"Would you happen to have a Map of the city's sewage system?" Goblin Slayer asked as the Artificer was rubbing his chin.

"Yes I do... Right here ready for you... You know isn't this a bit overkill for mere goblins?"

"With all due respect Lady Tinkerer... We're here to do a job, I think it best to not be disrespectful to my friends." The Artificer said as the others took it as a sign to leave taking the map with them for the Tinkerer didn't have anything else for them.

"There's more to this than what it seems... This reminds me of the story you guys told me about when you were all in Watertown... A year ago was it?"The Artificer asked as the party had walked down the road looking for the guildhall of the town.

"Yea why do you ask?" Priestess responded as the Artificer held his chin.

"Kidnapping girls isn't out of the ordinary of Goblins... But Goblin slayer can you tell me what Goblins would use an Artificer's inventions for? using my inventions as a base idea." The Artificer asked as everyone looked at the two.

"Your suggesting someone is teaching the Goblins... Building something on the long run."

"Just like you told me Goblins are quick to learn. Imagination is a very powerful weapon... And Mine's telling me several possibilities."

"Like what Sir Artifcer?"

"... Lady Ranger, Can you tell me what you think was strange about Lady Tinkerer?"

"From what you've told me... Her demeanour appeared to be very different, she moved around too much touching her different inventions, she didn't exactly give you the respect I thought she would considering you both departed on good terms. And her walk... Wasn't a walk a normal woman would. Not even me."

"Thank you... And I'll confirm extra at the guild hall but here's two theories I have. The first theory involves a dark cult like the one who ransacked my village, could be a Mind Flayer is using her as a puppet to keep the people of Sky City in line by keeping suspicions low, and that the letter she sent me was before the Mind Flayer got to her."

"Makes some sense but what about your second theory?" Sir dwarf asked looking up at him.

"My second theory is a bit of a long shot... Sometimes the guild here captures monsters to allow the scientists to experiment on them... What if by chance a Goblin happened to escape and venture down into the sewers, happen upon Lady Tinkerer's shop and began to learn from her actions, the magic she uses, and the patinece it needed to plan out and succeed. What if that one Goblin learned enough to plan out how to quickly raise it's nest, steal weaponry, armor, women... Or even worse... Learn how to create using it's imagination; cause if that's the case then there might be a Goblin Artificer in our midst." The Artificer said giving the group an idea of a Goblin with their Artificer's equipment.