The life changing mission

"Hey you know I'll be leaving soon right?" A small girl said sitting on a fence as she looked at her best friend who sat next to her on the floor with his back on the fence playing with the bronze orb he always has.

"Yea I know... It's for the best I guess... You belong somewhere else instead of this... Dying place." The boy said with a sad tone.

"I want you to come with me... I can't lose you!"

"I'll be fine... I promise... I can read and write and when I'm older I'll not only help this village but the world too!"

"If that's the case... I'll get stronger to protect you! And help you help the world!" The girl said with her fist in the air as she had a slight pink hue on her face.

"Heh ok you were always the fighter between us. Let's agree to change the world then!"

"Agreed! Hey when I'm older let's... Be... Together... Always."

"Of course! That's what friends are for right?!"

"Hehe YA!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone in the Guild Hall was struck with silence as this mysterious silver rank adventurer had came in and randomly asked the Artificer to marry her. Especially...

"W-W-W-WAIT WAIT WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT?!" The Elf said pushing the mysterious woman back away from the Artificer who was dumbstruck by the whole encounter.

"Well it's a question for my childhood friend of course I mean after all we did promise to be with each other always."

"HUH?"
"OUR ARTIFICER HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!"
"HE'S GETTING MARRIED?!" The guildhall boomed with questions, misunderstandings, and all around confusion.

"Oh this'll be good."
"Oh this'll be good." The Inspector and the Artisan thought standing next to the reception area watching the three.

"OH! IT'S YOU! I thought you were still with the monks in the east." The Artificer said looking at the woman picturing her as a little girl he knew in the village to now. Brown long hair and brown eyes, easy going nature. Yup that was his childhood friend alright.

"Master Bugman told me I had free reign of my life when I mastered all the techniques, which I did! And I recently became Silver at the Adventurers guild down by south Port City. That's when I heard tales about your adventures all of yours, and I don't know anyone else with blue hair like yours. So Me and my party had to come and see you! I have to say you became quite handsome!" The woman said putting a fist on the Artificer's chest with a big smile on her face.

"Thank you. You're quite the looker as well I'm sure you have the guys at South Port City drool over you. Much like the other guys I see right now." The Artificer saw taking notice of the perverts looking at his friend.

"Ar... Arty..."

"Yea but I'm nothing compared to my party. So how about it then Marry me?"

"Not a chance!" The Artificer said with a sweet smile shocking everyone in the Guildhall with his fast response.

"Eh?! W-why not?!" Striker asked with a bit of a sad look on her face.

"Well... I am preoccupied by someone... And that promise we made was to bring together forever as friends and change the world. If we had promised to marry then I would've accepted it. You forgot I have a very good memory." The Artificer said as Striker and the Guildhall paused with a dumbfounded look.

"Ho... This is the first time I'm hearing about it Sir Artificer." The Lizard Priest said before biting into some cheese.

"Eck! W-w-well..."
"It's a secret on need to know basis." The Elf said with a winking smile as she had a finger on her lips.