Chapter 39 -- Flashbacks

A silence looms over the room, as Levi and Hange intensely stare at Eren and Zeke. I make my way over to the corner of the room, before sitting in a wooden booth. I close my eyes, recalling the events that occurred over the past four years.

Three years ago, a boat sailed to Paradis. Aboard this boat were a bunch of soldiers, whose mission was to advance towards Paradis and scout the island. While the other members of the Survey Corps were dealing with other nearby ships, I remained hidden and continued to watch the incoming ship.

"Captain!" A soldier called, hurrying towards a guy with a mustache, who holds a pair of binoculars in front of his eyes, as he looks towards the front. "No word from the advance party! It's been two hours!"

"Hmmm..." The captain hummed, lowering his binoculars. "Then, have teams two and three prepare to land as well." The soldier raised his hand in the air, before saluting to his captain and scurrying away. "These damned island devils managed to defeat our warrior unit. We need to find out what they're doing now and relay it back to Marley," he mumbled, as a scowl formed on his face.

All of a sudden, the boat started to shake, and the soldiers began to fall toward the bottom of the ship, as gravity overtook the men. A figure stood under the boat, holding it into the air. It was no other than Eren in his titan form.

"I-It's a... It's a devil!"

Eren walked towards the shore, holding the boat over his shoulder. He carried the boat onto dry land, until slamming the ship roughly on the ground. Hange was the first to run up to them, waving her hand at them.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen of Marley!" She declared, having a twisted look on her face. "Welcome to Paradis Island! Nice to meet you! I'm Hange, and it's an honor to welcome guests who have sailed from so far across the sea! The trip must've left you quite exhausted, so why don't you join us for some tea?" Levi stepped towards Hange, as he pointed his sword at Niccolo, who had sweat pouring down his face. Hange noticed them, before she stated, "Ohhh! I almost forgot!! If you were curious about this guest of ours, he arrived just before you, and we're already getting along splendidly." She wrapped her arms around him. "Isn't that, right? Tell them, Niccolo."

"P-Please, Captain...!" Niccolo begged, who had tears in his eyes. "Forget about me and gun these devils down while you can!" Levi scowled in annoyance, as I tightly gripped my swords and prepared to attack the Marlyeans.

"Huh!?" Hange exclaimed, as she looked over at Niccolo with a crazed expression. "What are you saying!?" She laughed manically, as Levi rolled his eyes in annoyance. I pursed my lips in concentration, before I prepared to launch myself at the Marlyean captain and his guards. "He's saying that he doesn't want to be part of your crappy skit," said Levi, who shot her a stern look.

"Niccolo..." The Marlyean captain murmured, and then stared at him in admiration. "Know this, you wretched devils!" He took out his gun and aimed it at them, as my eyes flashed dangerously. "Marley doesn't negotiate with filthy bloods like you, and we're not gonna sit down and drink the piss you call tea!"

"Huh!? Are you sure about that!?" Hange roared, as she crossed her arms in annoyance. "Maybe, you should be more polite unless you want to piss off a titan looming behind you!" The Marlyean captain and his soldiers quickly turned around, as steam came off of Eren's titan, as he intensely stared down at them. The Marlyean captain sprinted forward, before he pointed his gun at them.

"Marley will never kneel before the power of devils!" He declared, as I quickly rose to my feet. "This is all she has to say to you!" Before I could send my wires and head towards them, Yelena shot the Marlyean captain in the head, which killed him instantly, as Hange hid behind a rock. Yelena's actions left everyone else shocked, as I fired my wires and hurried straight towards Levi and Hange.