Chapter 36 - The Other Side of the Wall

It doesn't take long for Levi, Hange, Mikasa, Eren, and I to rejoin the others. Hange, Eren, and Mikasa inform them about the books and what they just learned, while Levi and I stand on the edge of the wall and look into the distance.

Once everything is packed up, we start to head back to the inside of the walls. With Hange leading the way, the ten of us journey back. I ride alongside Levi, who maintains his serious yet gentle expression.

Once we return to Trost, Eren and Mikasa are immediately put behind bars, with Armin standing right outside their cells. As for the other members of the Levi Squad, they go and get some food, while Levi, Hange, and I tell the other high ranking members of the military what happened during the battle of Shiganshina.

A few days later, Armin goes to retrieve Levi, Hange, and I. We were currently dressed in our new uniforms, which is a green trench coat that has the Survey Corps emblem on it. It looks exactly like this:

He immediately takes us to Eren, who is leaning against the wall with his hand on his chin

He immediately takes us to Eren, who is leaning against the wall with his hand on his chin. "It's called the attack titan..." Eren murmurs, clearly being dazed.

"The attack titan..." Hange starts, looking over at me. "You mean the one that can see the memories of its past and future holders?" I nod slowly, while Levi starts to unlock the cell as a wide smile forms on Hange's face. "Oooh!! This is so exciting!!" She looks at Eren. "Who the hell were you talking to? You said the name of your titan, right!?"

"Right."

"Are you practicing ways to introduce him or...?"

"Let it go, Hange," says Levi. "He's fifteen years old. We all go through a phase like this." I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, thinking about when Levi went through his stage many years ago. Him and his friends stole ODM gear and were basically the most powerful individuals in the Underground City.

"A phase where we mutter weird crap while posing!?"

"Hange, I'll explain it to you later," Armin states. "It's not right with him here..." Hange studies him for a moment, as she strokes her chin. I exchange a look with Levi, as he puts his hands on his hips.

"Huh?! Oh, it's that kind of phase."

Eren ferociously swings his arm. "What the hell do you want!?"

Levi opens the cell door. "Get out."

"W-What?" He chokes out, as sweat pours down his forehead. "B-But, I'm not done. I still have ten full days left." I run a hand through my hair, while Eren cautiously glances around the group with wide eyes.

"I'm satisfied. Hange just gave you ten days worth of pain."

"We talked it all over with Premier Zachary, so don't worry," Hange proclaims. "If we keep the brave heroes who toppled the colossal and armored titans jailed, then it kinda sends a bad message, ya know?" She shrugs. "Plus, you're only defying the morons who had the beast and armored titans and let them get away." She scowls, clenching her fists in pure rage.