Chapter 38 -- Attack on Marley

As we head into the airship, we immediately enter a room. This room is our artillery room, having ODM gear on one side and Survey Corps uniforms on the other. I approach the uniforms, locating my uniform instantly. I take it off of the wall, before heading into the changing room.

As I take off my Marlyean dress and wedges, I stare at the uniform in amazement. With a darker appearance, the uniforms are more advanced compared to the old ones. They provide more armor and are very compatible with the user. When they first created these uniforms for us, they had them specifically made for each individual member of the Survey Corps. Once I finish putting on the uniform, it looks like this:

A smile curves around my lips, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach

A smile curves around my lips, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. Taking the bun out of my hair, I pull my hair back into a high ponytail. After that, I leave the changing room, instantly noticing Levi, whose already dressed in his new uniform. With his new uniform and Survey Corps cloak, he looks like this:

 With his new uniform and Survey Corps cloak, he looks like this:

I stare at him in awe, as my heart hammers within my chest. Why does he have to look so good? I think to myself. "Oi, brat!" Levi calls, capturing my attention. "Put on your ODM gear. We need to join Hange and the others."

I nod lightly, before finding my ODM gear and putting it on. Levi takes my hand, before we leave the airship and rejoin the others. "Alright! It seems like everyone is here now!" Hange states, looking at Levi and I for a second before glancing away. "Whatever happens, stick to the mission! Mikasa will protect Eren, Captain Levi is in charge of capturing the beast titan, Armin will eliminate the naval fleet, and everyone else will handle the members of the Marlyean military." Hange looks over at me. "Also, if the Jaw and Cart titans show up, I want everyone to help Abby take them down."

Jean nods. "Okay."

"Yes, Commander Hange!"

"Okay! You're dismissed, but remain on standby!"

After she says that, Levi and I simultaneously look at each other. Just like in the battle for Shiganshina, we will have to temporarily go separate ways for the sake of the mission. "Be safe, Abby," he says, wrapping his arms around me. "Promise me that nothing bad will happen to you."