Chapter 45 -- War for Paradis

I remain motionless and stare at the scene in front of me, as my heart hammers within my chest. Dozens of people leap down from the blimps, as parachutes fill the sky above us. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, knowing that Marley really thought this through.

I slowly get to my feet and back away from Pieck, Porco, and Gabi. With my hands restrained, there is little I can do against them at the moment. "Pieck, what now!?" Gabi shrieks, grabbing the said female's shoulders. "Wake up, Pieck!"

Pieck raises her left hand in the air that has the chain on it. "Porco!" She calls, as he looks in her direction. With one, swift movement, he slices her hand off. Pieck and Gabi scream, just before the black-haired female falls off the building. Just as a lightning strike comes from below, Porco charges at Eren, who gets into a fighting stance.

Eren hardens his knuckles and aims a punch at Porco, only to hit the nearby building. Debris falls to the ground, as the jaw titan leaps from house to house to get away from Eren. Pieck climbs to the top of the building and opens her mouth, as Gabi steps in. The black-haired female then closes her mouth, before scurrying her.

I turn my attention to Eren, who peers at the sky. I never knew what he was thinking at this moment, but I cannot help but wonder if he was anxious or uneasy about the events that were about to happen. Not only is he going to face Marley, but Eren is also going to come in contact with Zeke and start the rumbling.

"Eren! Can you hear me!?" Yelena shouts, taking a step toward the titan shifter. "Abandon your titan body immediately! We need to get you inside! Then, you can escape underground with the warhammer's power! You'll be at a disadvantage if you fight here!" He looks at her for a moment, before turning away and jumping off of the building. "Eren!"

He walks through the city, as Yelena and the other Anti-Marlyean Volunteers stare at him in surprise. They were clearly stunned by his actions and didn't expect him to charge straight into a fight. I nervously gaze at them and clench my fists in desperation, knowing this would've been the perfect moment to escape if they didn't capture Levi as well. Even so, because Eren saved my life, I want to help him fight against Marley's warrior unit.

"Mobilize all units!" Yelena states abruptly, waving her arm. "Hurry! Protect Eren!" The Jaegerists, upon hearing her words, hurry inside to prepare for battle. I heave a sigh and approach the blonde-haired woman, as a serious expression appears on my face. I have to convince her to let me fight!

"Yelena, please allow me to help," I beg, holding out my restrained hands. "If you want to ensure Eren's safety, then this is the only way. When it comes down to it, only Levi, Mikasa, and I can fight titan shifters on equal footing. Let me assist Eren in fighting Pieck, Porco, and Reiner."

"If you can guarantee Eren's safety, then do it," she says sharply, before taking out a knife and cutting me free. "Change into your ODM gear and get ready for battle. Besides, I know you won't try anything. If you do, then Levi is as good as dead."

I scowl in annoyance. "For his sake and my own, I can assure you I won't," I point out, before heading into the building. I enter the equipment room, before grabbing some blades and thunder spears. I refill my gas and double check my equipment, as a newfound determination washes over me.

Once I'm finished preparing my equipment, I rejoin Yelena and the Anti-Marlyean Volunteers on the balcony. The Jaegerists sprint forward and propel themselves into the air, before hurrying towards the Marlyeans.

"Well, you sure took your tiime, didn't you, Abby?"

I look over my shoulder at the blonde-haired woman. "If I'm going to help Eren fight Porco, Pieck, and Reiner, then I need as many weapons as possible," I state, as she arches a brow. She may believe that I was stalling for time, but I know this battle will be extremely draining. If anything, I want to be ready for it.