20: The Champions

October was around the corner and that meant that the other wizarding schools were coming and thus the teachers were all over the place, a plus about that was that they would give less homework which made school all the better.

October was still a beautiful month and because there was almost no homework the students had a lot of time to enjoy the late sun by the lake.

Fred and Aurora also took this time and had a picnic by the lake as Fred could not go with his brother and Lee for a run thanks to his broken ankle.

Fred was laying down while Aurora was reading a book for him about astronomy.

"Do you know more about the schools that will arrive in a few days?"
"Oh, I thought you were interested in the book I was reading to you. Now I know you just want to be around me for information. How disrespectful!"

Aurora gasped dramatically that resulted in Fred throwing a strawberry at her face.

the sun had already set and it was already curfew so they really had to hurry before anyone noticed. They were giggling while walking up the stairs not really paying attention which lead to Fred walking headfirst into a wall.

He turned around caressing his face and looked at Aurora who stood there laughing.

"This is the second time you walked into a wall, can't you see a bit in the dark?!"
"Don't laugh at me. If you would have helped me! My ankle is broken."

Fred turned around without thinking and again he bumped into the wall.

"SERIOUSLY THIS WALL IS GONNA BE THE DEATH OF ME!"

They both started laughing and Aurora supported Fred while they hobbled over to the Gryffindor common room, and thanks to Aurora being able to get into every room into Hogwarts she was able to get him in unseen.

She Herself was not able to get in all unseen as Snape was still awake, concerned about his niece that was not yet in her quarters.

But it was all fine as she promised to buy him ice cream as a way to keep shut.

Aurora kept her promise and a few days later she and her uncle were eating ice cream, while Aurora was enjoying her chocolate ice cream her uncle was scooping up his pistachio ice cream.

"I still don't know how you are able to eat that disgusting shit!"
"Are you talking about this delicious pistachio?!"
"Euh yeah I am!"

Their discussion over what the best ice cream is went on for a while until Minerva came in.

"Severus, Dumbledore and I need you for a minute. The other schools are arriving in a few hours and we also have to set up the Halloween fest. There is no time for ice cream eating."
Snape stood up and followed Minerva out of the room.

———

It was the 30th of October and the great hall was beautifully decorated with silk banners of every house and in the front hung an enormous silk banner with the Hogwarts symbol on.

The hall was decorated for the other two wizard schools that would arrive at 6 o'clock.

The professors lined all the students up in lines in front of the caste ready to welcome the other schools. Every kid was waiting with anticipation, imagining how the schools would arrive and how their students would look.

They did not have to wait long as the delegation of the Beauxbatons was getting in vision of most of the students. Aurora was one of the few that did not see them yet as she had to wear glasses normally but didn't like them so she just left them in her room.