15: The Dog

It was a nice Saturday evening Aurora was sitting down next to the black lake watching the sunset and enjoying her book.

She heard a ruffle in a bush close to her and her senses got prickled, she put her book down and stood up.

"Is there someone? Fred? George? Lee? It's not funny!"
Aurora looked around she heard a few more ruffles and then it became quite. She at back down, must have been my mind better get back to the castle.

While Aurora was walking back she stumbled upon a black dog.
"Oh I must have heard you. How are you? You look like you are hungry. Wait I think I have something left."

Aurora sat down next to the dog and found some grain cookies without sugar in her bag and the dog was happy to eat them. She patted him and the head and looked the dog in the eyes.

He had yellow eyes that felt like he could look straight into her soul, his eyes felt friendly though.
Aurora felt like she had known the dog for while her life but at the same time not, she could not really describe the feeling. He felt familiar and warm but at the same time full of terror though she was not scared of him and just sat there next to him doing absolutely nothing.

They felt a cold breeze and the dog snuggled closer to her and she started talking.

"You know I wish I could bring you home. I have need to a friend I can tell everything to like Ginny knows actually everything but she is almost always around her brothers like they are so protective over her. It's funny though."
Aurora thought back to the moment when Ginny got enough of her brother asking about every friend she had and hexed them.

"I've heard so many stories from Ginny and the twins about how annoying siblings are but also they are always there for you. I'd love to have a sister or even a brother but yeah my mother died pretty early on. It's pretty complicated."

The dog bumped his head against Aurora's arm giving her a sign that she should keep going.
"You want to hear the story?"
The dog barked happily and Aurora took that as a yes.

"So, my mum died pretty early on and then my dad gets framed for a murder I'm sure he didn't do, I don't think you know him but he's the famous Sirius black." She sighed and the dog listened with grave interest.
"I've have lived with so many family members it's unreal but I love all of them. But none of them could really replace my dad."

She swore she could see the dog crack a little smile,
"Did you just smile? Smile at my misery! Oh" Aurora dramatically gasped and then started to laugh.
"Sorry I had to much sugar."

The dog stood up and pulled with his teeth on the robes of Aurora.
"Alright Alright" Aurora stood up "I'm standing now." She threw her hand up in the air and chuckled a bit looking at the bored face of the dog.

The dog just walked away and Aurora followed him blindly.
"Hey Snuffles where are you bringing me."
The dog didn't turn around but just kept on walking.

"The shrieking shack is that where your bringing me? I have to say you have taste it's actually a pretty place."

Aurora walked in the house and knew her way, she had been there and so knew the exact path to the couch.

She sat down and patted on the couch next to her showing the dog to sit next to her, but he didn't do that and just stood in front of her.

The dog stood there not moving looking slightly nervous, Aurora picked up on that and looked at the dog more carefully.

"I know those eyes, is that possible?"
The dog just smiled and nodded.
"You are not a dog are you?"
He did the same thing as before and just nodded.
"Animagus?"