I: Encounter

Ryujin's POV

I'm on my way to the diner since it's our break. I lost to my co-workers that's why I'm the one buying our lunch.

I've been working in a company for 2 years now and i can say that the environment is really great. I'm an editor in this publishing company called ICY publishing.

"Ryujin." she called.

"Hmm??" i answered back.

"Did you already ordered?"

"I'm still in line. Do you wanna change yours?" i asked her.

"No, but i want to add a sundae in mine hehe." she cheerfully said. I can imagine her saying that with her eye-smile.

"Okay, Jisu." i said and hang-up.

After 2 more people, i finally got to order. I immediately walked out of the diner when i got the food. It's not so far from our office but i still ran because I'm so hungry.

Jisu immediately helped me when i arrived at our office. We distributed the orders to the others and then took seats.

I ordered two cheeseburgers and a float. I kept eating quietly until Winter talked to me.

"Ryujin-ah, do you have plans for tonight?"

I just shook my head telling her "no".

"Then, I'm inviting you to my small party at my place later." she said.

"What's the occasion?" i asked.

"Nothing really, we're just gonna drink since it's Sunday tomorrow."

"Cmon Ryujin, you seldomly join us on get-togethers." Felix insisted.

Jisu leaned towards me and i can see in her eyes that she's saying please. How can i resist this one?

"Okay, I'll buy pizza." i said and they all went "yay".

"No, uh Jisu should share!" and they just laughed at me.

Time passed and it's already 4:30 pm. Lots of the employees are already getting ready to get home. We close earlier during Saturdays since it's the weekend. I'm currently saving my work while Jisu is busy playing with her pen waiting for me. She said we'll go together to Winter's party.

I turned off my laptop and put it to the bag. She also stood up and took her things. We got on the elevator and we were just quiet the whole ride. Up until we got outside the building, no one talked.

"So, where do you wanna buy pizza?" finally, she talked.

I chuckled, "We didn't talk for minutes, what the fuck." and we both laughed.

"Hmm, there's one near his place right? Let's just buy there." i said and she agreed.

We decided to go to her place first to get ready. I have some of my clothes in her house, and hers in mine. I didn't expect our relationship to be like this in just 2 and a half years of knowing her.

"I'll call my unnie and ask her if we can borrow her car." She said. Jisu came from a rich family, and she only works on that company because she love writing not that she needs to. While me on the other hand, works for my living. It's not that hard because i only spend for myself, and it's my dream job. Her brother let us borrow it and after a 15 minutes of waiting, he arrived.

"Don't get wasted in there. Just call me okay?"

"And hello, Ryujin." i just gave her a smile.

"Unnie is being sweet, did something happen?" Jisu teased her so she rolled her eyes.

"Haha, we'll see you later Irene unnie."

I waved her goodbye as we got in the car. After 20 minutes of driving, we stopped at the pizza store. I bought 4 boxes with 2 different flavors. And after like 5 more minutes, we arrived at Winter's house.

We're the last ones to arrive. We're just 7 here and they already started drinking.

"This might sound weird but you two look good together." Soyeon suddenly said when me and Jisu just sat down with them. The others started teasing us so we couldn't do anything but laugh.

"Hey, Soobin would be jealous i heard he likes Ryu." Winter said that made Soobin hit her.

"That's our pretty RJ." now even Jisu joins the teasing. I hit her lightly on her head to stop her.

Time is fast when you have fun. It's already 11pm and Irene won't stop calling both of us. I answered it this time since Jisu is so drunk and currently leaning on my shoulder.

"U-unnie, calm down..."

"I was calm, but you two didn't answer my calls."

"We're going home, don't worry. And I'll drive."

"Where's Jisu?" she asked.

I put her arm on my shoulders and guided her to walk outside. Ugh, she drank too much. She has no control for real, she just accepts every shot and laughs at everything.

"She's here, she's fine. Bye, see you there." i answered and dropped the call.

"Jisu, the keys?" she just gave it to me while groaning.

I started the car and drove to her house. After a 20 minute, safe drive, i called Irene to carry her sister to her bedroom. She said she'll stay the night and that i can use her car to go home instead of commuting. I thanked him, and checked Jisu one more time before leaving.

I opened the windows and i felt the cold air as i took a deep breath. It's almost winter. As soon as I'm approaching the entrance of our village, i saw a dark figure laying on the meadow. I don't know if it's because I'm drunk I'm not afraid of it. I stopped the car and went near it. It looked like a human, a woman actually.

"Hey, miss, are you okay?" I asked.

Our eyes met and fear consumed my whole. Her eyes were sharp yet i can see anger and sadness in them. When i got back to my senses, i looked at her body and saw scratches and a big cut on her side.

"Oh my, you're hurt!" i exclaimed and ran back to the car to get my jacket and my phone. I covered her and dialed the emergency number but she stopped me. Her grip of my arm was so tight, it hurt me.

"Okay, i won't." i said then she loosened it. She was breathing heavily and after a few seconds she lost consciousness. I was panicking so hard but i know i should do something about her. I carried her to the car while being careful of her wounds. I drive to my house and carried her to my bed. Oh wow i think I'm stronger when I'm drunk!

Who is this woman? I wondered. I know she wouldn't like to go to the hospital because of what happened earlier. Is she a criminal? I hope not. But she does look an assassin in her black outfit. She has a long straight brown hair, a high nose, and a small heart shaped lips. Even with all that wound, she still looks beautiful.

"What am i doing-" i whispered to myself.

I carefully removed her top and was shocked because she didn't wear a bra. I stopped for a moment to calm myself and focus on treating her wounds. I used first aid on the small wounds she has and i have no idea what to do on that deep cut. It's just weird it suddenly stopped bleeding. I thought if it's healing by itself but that would be impossible.

I treated the wounds on her legs and arms next and bandaged them. I looked on the cut again and i swear, it looked a little smaller than before. I just left if like that and covered her with my comforter. I guess I'll wait for her to wake up.

"You can't, brother" she weakly said. I got up from my seat to check on her but she's still asleep. I let out a sigh before going back to the sofa.

This has been a long Saturday i need to get some rest. I'm glad it's my day-off tomorrow.