17 - The Ember Island Players

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

There was lots of activity in Fire Lord Ozai's beach house on Ember Island. For starters, in the courtyard, two figures practiced bending fire.

In sync, Aang and Zuko took a step forward and threw their arms down, firebending at the same time. They stretched out their right leg in front of them, firebending again.

They proceeded to stretch it behind them and they push out their left arm out in a flying hero pose as they firebend with that arm. They put their legs down and exhale audibly, putting their arms in a cooling down position and bowing to each other.

Zuko cracked his fingers and stretched both arms above his head as he walked to the edge of the fountain.

A few feet away from them, you blushed and took in a stronger sip from the straw in your coconut cup before standing. Your outfit from the prison swayed gracefully as you walked over to Zuko with a yellow towel in hand.

Back at the steps, Toph rested on the floor while Karata sipped on a coconut cup of her own. Both of them were wearing their Fire Nation disguise as well. Katara scratched under her chin a bit confused.

"Doesn't it seem kinda weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" Zuko shook his head as you handed the rag to wipe the sweat from his head.

"I told you. My father hasn't come here since my family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. This is the last place anyone would think to look for us." Suddenly, Sokka ran into the courtyard with a large rolled-up paper in his hands and Suki trailing behind.

Both were in their disguises as well. "You guys are not going to believe this! There's a play about us!"
Suki nodded.

"We were just in town and we found this poster." She said as Sokka unveiled the poster. "What?" Katara asked as Sokka showed her and Aang the poster. "How is that possible?"

Sokka flipped to the poster back. "Listen to this. 'The Boy in the Iceberg' is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu On Tim who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

Suki leaned in to read the last line. "Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players—"
"Ugh!" "Pfft!" Everyone turned to the both of you.

You began to giggle while the prince gagged. "Zuko's Mother used to take him and me to see those. It was great!" "Great?! (Y/n), They butchered 'Love Amongst The Dragons' every year." "I know! That's how great it was!" Katara turned back to her brother.

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?" Sokka grinned widely, making Katara doubt. "Come on, a day at the theatre?! This is the kind of wacky time-wasting nonsense I've been missing!"