10 - Jet

(Author's Note: Author: OK y'all, here a trigger warning

(Author's Note:
Author: OK y'all, here a trigger warning. There are mentions of name-calling and a character dea-
Reader: wHaT tHe HeCk AuThOr?! ItS oNlY tHe 10tH ePiSo-
Author: Quit yer yapping reader in my head! In the actual show, they ain't warn you about the people hatin' on the Avatar or all the Air Nomads gettin bodied and you ain't say nothin then. But when I bring it up fo some flavor in the tea I'm bout to spill, you finna jump on me?! I think... NOT! So you can quit all that.
Reader: ...
Author: That's what I thought. AAAAAAnyway, as I was saying before I got interrupted, yes, there's gonna be a bit of angst in this, but it kinda helps click as to what's going on in the story. So once again, there is mention of bad vibes, hating on the reader <though ain't none of it true, so you finna be alright> a side character death our two, and mentions of blood... So enjoy!)

Reader's P.O.V.

The next couple of days was pure torture for you.
...

No, no one knew of your betrayal to the Fire Nation.
Yet.

Except maybe Iroh, but if he did, he hadn't said anything. And he didn't poison you with this tea he gave you to drink. So, that was good.

No, the torture you had to endure... was the common cold.

You had gotten sick and was ordered to stay in bed for the next couple of days. You were not allowed to think, study, or even leave the room unless it's for your womanly needs.

Zuko would not stand 6 feet near for fear of catching your cold and getting sick, slowing his chase after Aang.

You groaned and rolled over in your bed once again.
You really could not sleep.

You glanced over to a familiar wooden box by your mattress. You hadn't opened it in a while, too busy to think about it. But now, you had plenty of time. You scoot over to it and gently open it.

Your mother had given you this box.

Inside were only a few things, but you cherished them to your heart.
There was a dirty rock that you always said you'd clean, but never had the heart to.

Actually, it was similar to the concrete buildings you saw when Zuko traveled to the Western Air Temple...
You had shrugged it off, thinking that your father or someone else had given it to your mother as a gift...
Weird flex but ok.

Next, there was the broken end of a stick of some sort. But it felt too man-made to come straight from mother nature.

Maybe it was part of a weapon?

Thirdly, there was a necklace. It was wooden and had a bunch of beads on it. On the end of it, a large broken circle. It really warned away and there was a large piece of it that was missing. You wished you knew more about it, but decided it was best not to.
And besides, your mother kept it a secret for a reason.