12 - The Storm

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

It was in the morning when Iroh started acting strange. You stood behind Zuko, who looked out of his telescope with precision.

You watched as Iroh began sniffing the air.
"General Iroh? What's wrong sir?"

Iroh turned to you in concern.
"There is a storm coming. A big one."

You looked into the clear blue sky.
"Ummm... well..."
You'd heard about this before.

Older people being able to sense the weather changing before it even looked like it would change.
Still, it seemed a bit far fetched.

Zuko lowered his telescope and rolled his eyes.
"You're out of your mind, Uncle. The weather's perfect. There is not a cloud in sight."

"The storm is approaching from the north. I suggest we alter our course and head southwest." Iroh said, pointing north then dragging his finger to the other direction.

"We know the Avatar is traveling northward, so we will do the same."

You froze.
Oh no...
You'd almost forgot!

It's only a matter of time before Zuko realized they were headed for the Northern Water Tribe.
You stepped in, going along with Iroh's future weather forecast for the moment.

"Prince Zuko, maybe your Uncle is right. It makes sense that dangerous storms would be brewing at sea this time of year. We should consider the safety of the crew."

Zuko turned towards you.
"The safety of the crew doesn't matter!"

Just then, your eyes landed on Lieutenant Jee, one of the senior officers aboard the ship, who walked onto the deck.
You gulped in worry.

He had clearly heard Zuko's remark and was not pleased.
Zuko followed your eyes to the Lieutenant. He then walked up to him until his face was right in front of the Lieutenant's.

"Finding the Avatar is far more important than any individual's safety."

Ouch. That kinda hurt a little bit.
Zuko then entered the ship and shut the hatch behind him, leaving you and Iroh standing next to the Lieutenant.

"He doesn't mean that, he's just all worked up." Iroh apologized.

You nodded in agreement.
He didn't mean that at all.

The wind had started to pick up a bit as the black edges of an ominous storm taunted you from afar. Zuko's ship was making straight for it.

Several of the crewman, including Lieutenant Jee, were here looking at the storm clouds.
You stood in your place next to Iroh.

Zuko walked back on deck and the Lieutenant turned, folding his arms across his chest, to address the Prince.