3 - The Southern Air Temple

(Author Quick note: Totally forgot that yes, Zuko DOES indeed show up in this episode

(Author Quick note: Totally forgot that yes, Zuko DOES indeed show up in this episode. But y'all know what I meant. So let's get it! Hope you enjoy!)

Reader P.O.V.

It was two days later when the ship made it to a Fire Nation naval yard.

You stepped of with Zuko and Iroh and cringed at the damages done to the ship. You mumbled to Zuko and Iroh, "What are we gonna tell the repair men what happened???"

Iroh shrugged and Zuko turned to both of you.
"Uncle. (Y/n). I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail."

"You mean the Avatar?"

You panickly looked around for anyone. Zuko scolded his Uncle.

"Don't mention his name on these docks! Once word gets out that he's alive every firebender will be out looking for him and I don't want anyone getting in the way."

"Getting in the way of what, Prince Zuko?"

You jumped at the new voice. You recognized who it was, but it only made you more nervous.
With utter distaste, Zuko acknowledged Captain Zhao.

"It's Commander now. And General Iroh— great hero of our nation." He bowed.
"Retired General." Iroh corrected.

Commander Zhao rose back up and caught sight of you. "And ah yes. Who could forget your pretty servant friend, Prince Zuko. What might your name be?" He asked.

You stood up straighter and bowed respectfully.
"(Y/-" "She doesn't need to tell you her name." Zuko interrupted, glaring daggers at the man. Zhao didn't question it.

"Well, in any case, the Fire Lord's brother, son, and servants are welcome guests any time. What brings you to my harbor?"

"Our ship is being repaired"
Zhao looked over to the ship.
"That's quite a bit of damage."

Zuko stiffened, but answered the statement.
"Yes... you wouldn't believe what happened." Zuko sideways glanced at You and Iroh.

"Uncle! Tell Commander Zhao what happened."
Iroh's eyes widened at being thrown under the bus like this. "Yes, I will do that. It was incredible..." He leaned into you.

"What... did we crash or something?"

Zuko overheard and quickly covered him.
"Uh, yes! Right into an Earth Kingdom ship."
You nodded quickly in agreement.

If Zhao was promoted to Commander, then he'd surely have lots of resources to follow and capture Avatar before Zuko could.

Zhao scanned over Zuko, then Iroh, then finally, you.
"Really? You must regale me with all the thrilling details." He said, stared straight into you eyes as if he was talking to you.