15 - Tales of Ba Sing Se (The Tale of Zuko and (Y/n))

(Author's Note : Good people, good people! I have yet another chapter! So sorry for not updating in a while, but with school starting and the pandemic, its been ✨ haywire ✨

(Author's Note : Good people, good people! I have yet another chapter! So sorry for not updating in a while, but with school starting and the pandemic, its been ✨ haywire ✨. I'll try to post more soon. But I have been writing this one for a little while. So please, I hope you enjoy it!)

Reader's P.O.V.

It was another normal slow day, working in the tea shop as refugees when really, you were the servant of the powerful Banished Prince of the Fire Nation, Prince Zuko, and his Uncle, the Great Dragon of the West, and the general who managed to tear down a wall of the very Ba Sing Se you now resigned in, General Iroh.

As you thought this, you watched in amusement as Iroh sipped his tea lovingly and Zuko lost his balance a bit, almost dropping the tea he had in his hands.

You honestly didn't want anything to change.
Well... you still wanted Zuko to be happy, seeing as he still frowned a lot.

But you also wanted to go out on your own. Explore a bit. "(Y/n)..." Zuko whispered over to you. He quickly walked over and grabbed your arm. He then proceeded to pull you towards his uncle.

"Uncle. (Y/n). We have a problem." Zuko whispered. Iroh descended the ladder you hadn't noticed him climb up and stood next to you two.

"One of the customers is on to us. Don't look now, but there is a girl over there at the corner table. She knows we're Fire Nation."

You and Iroh immediately looked at the girl, but Zuko quickly forced you two back to look at the shelves. Iroh sported a mischievous grin on his face.

"Didn't I say don't look!"
"I think you're right Zuko. I've seen that girl in here quite a lot. But I don't think she knows who we are..." You say.

"Dunno. Seems to me she has quite a little crush on you..." Iroh suggested. Both you and Zuko reeled back in surprise.

"What?!"
"What did he saaaaay?!?!?"
"Thank you for the tea."

A new voice cut in, scaring the living daylights out of you and almost making you jump 5ft in the air. The girl handed Zuko a few coins, who gave them to you and turned away from her.

You took the coins and placed them in the money container, before sipping on your own cup of tea.
"What's your name?"

Zuko turned back to her. "My name's Lee. My Uncle, friend, and I just moved here." "Hi Lee, my name is Jin. Thank you and, well, I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime?"

You choked on your drink and Zuko stared at the girl stunned. Before anyone could say anything, Iroh jumped in next to Zuko.
"He'd love to!"

Your jaw dropped and you stared at Iroh. Jin didn't even acknowledge you. "Great! I will meet you in front of the shop at sundown."