18 - The Waterbending Master

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

For two days, the crew were really just drifting along. No one had any ideas as to where the Avatar could be.
No one except you.

You had gotten nervous whenever the topic of where those kids were. You were much more 'clumsier' in meetings and people were slowly starting to notice. Especially Zuko.

Surprisingly, General Iroh shrugged it off as stress and promised you'd be good as new after a small break of searching.
And even more surprisingly, Zuko agreed.

You had no idea if it was for the sake of his crew or if he was truly losing hope. You didn't want that to happen. You wanted Zuko to be happy.

But you also wanted to keep your friends safe.
You were so torn apart—

"Ms. (Y/n)? I told you that tonight we are relaxing a bit. You are not allowed to be uptight during karaoke night." General Iroh said, bringing you back to reality.

You, the General, and several other crewmates were outside in the night, sitting around a warm barrel of fire. You chuckled at him and gently sighed.

You took a deep breath, closed your eyes, and began to play a simple staccato tune on the stringed instrument in your hands. You continue to play, even as Iroh stood up to sing, slightly out of tune.

"Winter, spring, summer, and fall. Winter and spring, summer and fall. Four seasons, four loves. Four seasons, four loves." Watching as two of the two crewmen dance in front of the fire, you amusingly hummed along to the song.

Just then, a group of masked Fire Nation soldiers board the ship.
Including Admiral Zhao.

You silently groan in annoyance and stop playing.
Iroh and the others notice and turn to look at the newcomers.

You could only imagine the trouble he was going to bring...

You and Iroh found Prince Zuko in one of the dark cabins on the ship. "For the last time, I'm not playing the sumki horn," Zuko said, not looking at either of you.

You snorted and teased, wanting to relieve some of the tension that's about to irrupt.
"But you play it so well Prince Zuko~"
He looked up with a glare.

Iroh chuckled but composed himself.
"No, it's about our plans. There's a bit of a problem..."
Zhao entered the room and without a moment of hesitation...

"I'm taking your crew."
"What?!"
"I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."
You tried your best not to, but you tensed.

Amazing.
Fantastic.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

He knew where Aang was.
"Uncle, is that true?"
The General nodded.

"I'm afraid so. He's taking everyone. Even the cook!"
Zuko snapped his head at you.
You were staff too right?
Was Zhao going to steal you from him?!