9 - The Waterbending Scroll

Reader's P

Reader's P.O.V.

"Oh, dear... General Iroh? I REALLY don't think it is a good idea..." you said, watching as he ordered the Captain to go a different direction than Zuko's intended course.

He shushed you and continued to play Pai Sho with a fellow crewmate.
"Nonsense, (Y/n)! This will be a good prank on him to loosen up a bit."

You sighed and massaged the incoming headache you'd experience as soon as the prince noticed.
You've really been out of it since Crescent Island and Iroh's joke would surely anger the prince more.

Sure enough—

"What's the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course!" Zuko seethed.
You give him an apologetic closed-eyes smile.

"Actually, someone did. I assure you it is a matter of utmost importance, Prince Zuko."
Iroh interjected, focused on the game.

"Umm... Pri-"

"Is it something to do with the Avatar?!"
"Uhh... heh. Prince Zukooo?"
"Even more urgent. It seems... I've lost my lotus tile." Iroh replied sadly, moving a piece forward on the Pai Sho board.

You gave up and facepalm. You decide to let the general have his fun with it while it lasts.
"... Lotus tile?"

"For my Pai Sho game. Most people think the lotus tile insignificant, but it is essential for the unusual strategy that I employ."
Zuko turned to you.

"He... He changed our course for a lotus tile?" He turned back to Iroh.
"You've changed our course for a stupid lotus tile?"
Iroh huffed.

"See, you, like most people, underestimate its value. Just give me ten minutes to check the merchants at this port of call. Hopefully, they'll have the lotus tile in stock and I can get on with my life!"

Zuko looked like he's about to pop. He worked hard to contain his anger, ultimately releasing a gout of flame from his mouth that licked over the ceiling.
You fanned away from the steam.

"I'm lucky to have such an understanding nephew." You laughed.
Zuko stomped out of the room.

Iroh began to laugh as well.
"For the lost lotus tile hmm?" You rolled your eyes.
"For the lost lotus tile." Iroh nodded.

For a 'lost' lotus tile, it sure took a while to find one. You stood next to the nephew and his uncle. Zuko's foot began to tap in anger.
Iroh sighed with 'disappointment'.