Misty's Clown

Sunday morning Peggy made up her mind she wouldn't make it easy for him. Maybe if he had to work to gain access to his son he would appreciate it.
Peggy dials Jake's number, he answered with "My God Peggy where are you"? Peggy took a calming breath, "if you want a relationship with your son you will need a lawyer. We can arrange days for him to see you and a neutral place for you to pick him up. You are no longer welcome at our home or anywhere near me. As I said before if you cannot give Troy all your attention, love and care then back off now let him be. I lived the heartbreak of a hurtful father and I will not let Troy be exposed to that. All conversations will now go through our attorneys." She hung up.
Jake wondered what just happened was she really turning this into a legal fight? He had every right to see his son. What did she mean she understood the heartbreak of a hurtful father. Did she think he would hurt his son? He called Cathy told her what had just transpired, she took a drawing breath and said "Jake in all honesty, I can see her point, if she wasn't there on that beach yesterday a 4 year old boy could have been seriously injured. As it was he was devastated to realize his father was to preoccupied by a woman, that by your own statements said she was cruel to him. So as far as you hurting your son, you did yesterday. What did you think he would feel? Jake I can't or won't represent you". See Jake said "I don't want to go through a legal battle I don't want to fight with Peggy over him but I want to be able to spend time with him. I don't want to fight with Peggy at all". "Well," said Cathy, "from yesterdays events I'd say you don't want a relationship at all. Jake did you call Heath and asked what exactly is going on with Misty? You need to make a decision is it your ex or your son because, I don't think it can be both. Think about everything you know about Misty is that who you want to share your life with". "I don't know Cathy, I spent a long time planning my life with her.", Jake sighed. "Yeah and she spent 2 minutes dumping you for your cousin. You two deserve each other maybe I should call Peggy I can see if she needs a layer". She hung up on Jake.
Jake called Heath and asked if he could come to Nampara but asked that he not tell Misty. Heath told home he would be right over. Then Jake called Verity, when she answered he said is there anyone with you just say yes or no. She said no, he said "okay could you tell me what is going on between Heath and Misty?" Verity questioned "why?" Jake then told her what was going on including what happened at the beach yesterday and the fallout. Verity said "oh Jake, no one can tell you what you should do. Listen to your heart what does it tell you?" He said "I want a relationship with my son, but I don't know what I want in a relationship with a woman I thought for the longest time it was Misty but then came along Peggy, I am just confused". "Will Misty accept Troy", Verity asked? "I don't know," Jake responded. "Well you better think and come up with a conclusion. Is having a relationship with Troy contingent on a relationship with his mother?" Jake said "no she would never do that she would never do that." "Would Misty allow you to have a relationship with Troy," Verity asked again?" "She wouldn't have a choice," Jake said. Verity said, "that is not what I asked, would she accept him or would she only pretend to until she got what she wanted?" Jake remained silent. He heard a car door shut and said "I think Heath is here, thank you he said I have some decisions to make".
Heath came into the library, he sat down and said "What's up"! Jake tried to articulate the thoughts going through his head. Then he said "are you and Misty getting a divorce"? Heath gave him was astonished "where did you hear that" he asked? "Well from Misty she stopped by the other day and told me that it was a done deal" Jake told him. Heath was furious now, "so you just want to know if you can come and swoop my wife off her feet". Jake said "it isn't like that".  Then Jake explained about yesterday and the repercussions of it. Heath shook his head, "I am trying to salvage my marriage but once she found out the money is slowing down she started making plans she has been asking around trying to figure out what your father left you. She has also been having an affair with George. Jake it is your life but by God I wish I would have never of married her, she has a black heart she cares for no one but herself you saw how she treated Troy. She may have try to lead you to believe she wants him around but once she does he will be off to boarding school. She is weighing her options now since she has bankrupted me. If it wasn't for father we would be living as paupers. My whole salary is going to pay off credit cards. Then she goes and asks father for more money right now anything left will go to Verity since we owe him my inheritance. I don't know what Troy's mother is like and from the sounds of things Misty has ruined your chances there. I don't know what to tell you."
Jake asked "are you sure she is having an affair with George". Heath nodded his head "yes I am sure I've seen them and confronted her she just said that he has the money to keep her the way she has been raised". "We both know her family is penniless. They have been seen coming out of the hotel after going in then night before together. Jake just be careful, if you love her then be prepared for her to be the only thing in your life. As for a divorce unless she is going to assume all the debts and let George pay them off, I can't afford it".
Jake shook his head. There was a knock at the door Fiona was about to say Mrs. Poldark was here when Misty came barging into the room. "What are you doing here Heath" she asked, he responded "on a better point what are you doing. It wasn't enough you ruined me now you want to ruin Jake to". Misty looked at Jake "oh Jake see what I have to put up with". Jake just shook his head, " Jake rubbed his hands over his head and sighed, "Misty I have a son I want a relationship with and that does not include you. I have been over my feelings for you for well over 5 years. I do not wish to go back to that kind of toxic relationship. Please leave Nampara and do not venture back onto this estate unless you are invited, you have caused me enough heartache and losses".
Misty huffed and turned to leave, "don't expect me to wait around for you, Jake. Heath what will it take to get out of this fraud of a marriage". "Pay off the debts you incurred including those to my father", Heath told her. She nodded her head and left.

Cathy's Clown
Don't want your love anymore
Don't want your kisses, that's for sure
I die each time I hear this sound
Here he comes, that's Cathy's clown
I gotta stand tall
You know a man can't crawl
When he knows you're tellin' lies and he hears 'em passing by
He's not a man at all
Don't want your love anymore
Don't want your kisses, that's for sure
I die each time I hear this sound
Here he comes, that's Cathy's clown
When you see me shed a tear
And you know that it's sincere
Don't you think it's kinda sad that you're treating me so bad
Or don't you even care?
Don't want your love anymore
Don't want your kisses, that's for sure
I die each time I hear this sound
Here he comes, that's Cathy's clown
That's Cathy's clown
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Donald I Everly
Cathy's Clown lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner Chappell Music, Inc