See You Again

Demelza found little time for dating although a multitude of people and friends tried to set her up, she just didn't have the heart for it. Her time when not working was devoted to Troy her beautiful little boy. In the 4 years of his life he had brought her so much joy. His personality was like hers; happy always smiling, sensitive cry's when he sees other crying, gentle he never pulls the dog fur or others hair, smart knows how to read, curious- asks questions about everything.
She wondered what ever happened to Jake and sometimes she thinks she should go to his house and see if he is back yet, but then remembers how he treated her that the morning. But as far as she knew he never came looking for her, after that one time so he probably would want nothing to do with Troy.
Jake are arrived home after a 5 year stint, he had finally given up on his seal career and was looking forward to starting his own company. He was thinking of something in security since a lot of his training would come in handy. He went into his home and found his new housekeeper her name was Fiona, he noticed that she looked about 6 months pregnant. She saw him looking and told him not to worry she had plenty of help and the most she would be off is 6 weeks and her mother-in-law would cover for her during that time. He took his bag up to his room, he thought about Peggy and how he acted that morning after the night that they spent together, he knew he acted the ass but he had so many confusing thoughts because of Misty he really couldn't think. He wondered if she was still at the cafe or the club maybe he would stop in later to see if she was still there.
Jake went to the cafe and sat in the corner Both. A waitress came over and asked what he wanted he said a coffee and a piece of blackberry pie. Then he asked her "does Peggy still work here" the girl looked at him and said I don't know anyone by that name but said she would ask.
While waiting for his order, browsing through his iPhone, he heard a commotion. He thought it sounded like a celebrity just walked in. He looked over to where everyone was converging but couldn't see who it was. The waitress came back and said Peggy a former waitress that didn't work here any longer. He nodded and she said you may be in luck, looks like she came in. That is what all the commotion is over there, all the older workers are at her table. seems she was popular. Jake got up and said, "don't clear the table I'll be back." He nudged his way to the front of the group and there she was, more beautiful then before, she looked up and said, "Jake?" Then she shot a look to the seat across from her. Jake turned to look and saw a little boy about 4 or a small 5 year old, and thought he looked very familiar. Then it dawned on him the little boy looked like him! He looked at Demelza and asked "who this young man was?" Peggy said "this is my son Troy," Jake put his hand out to him and said and "how old are you Troy?" Troy held up 4 fingers and said "although I had a birthday 2 months ago sir." Jake looked at Peggy and said "I think we need to talk!" The rest of the workers looked at Peggy, who said "why now?" Everyone else went back to work leaving Jake and Peggy staring at each other. Peggy said "Jake I don't think this is the best time or place to have talk especially as it may upset Troy." Troy could sense his mother's distress, wrinkle his brows and said "Momma are you okay?" Then he looked at Jake and said "you are making my mother upset, maybe you should leave now." Jake was in awe about how fearless and protective this little boy was of his mother, and his heart swelled with love. Jake said "please give me your phone and I will put my  number in, you can call to set up a meeting." Peggy did as he, Jake said goodbye to Troy and his mother.
Back at his table Jake was in wonder of that little man, and wondered why Peggy never tried to get in touch with him. She knew where he lived she could have gotten ahold of him through there. He was getting ready to leave when Heath and Misty came in, Misty ran to him and threw her arms around him and gave him a big kiss, while Heath looked on bitterly. Jake was just wondering what was going on? Misty was pulling him back in to a table, he glanced at Peggy who was scrambling Troy into his coat to leave. She looked upset and he was glad he put her info into his phone because he highly doubted she was going to call him. Misty noticed that Jake was looking at the little boy and his mother when she realized it was the girl Jake had on the beach before he left. When the little boy looked up Misty understood why Jake was looking at him. Well to bad little boy, he was mine first. After the first year of marriage Misty became disillusioned with her marriage to Heath and needed to find someone who could keep her in the status she was accustomed to. Finding out Jake had money put him on top of her list.
Demelza left the cafe, once out on the street the little boy asked his mother who that man was? She said "she didn't want to talk about him right now." In the car later Troy told his mother, "he must be related to me because I look like him." Thank God Troy couldn't see her face as the tears trickled down.