Can I see your tail?

Brett: "Can I see your tail?"

It started like this on a normal day of their newfound life. They've moved from the old apartment to the new one last month and Eddy was two months away from graduating. They had a sort of routine and of course they were able to be all lovely with each other. But this had never happened. Yes, they did take showers together and, yes, they took even baths together but Eddy always wore a patch that permitted him to not wet his body entirely. So yeah, he had never been in his mermaid form in front of Brett after the events of that tragic night.

Eddy: "What?"

Brett: "I asked if I can see your tail...I've been curious for a while but I never managed to ask you..."

Eddy: "Oh why?"

Brett: "Why what? Why I wanted to see your tail, or why I never found the courage to ask you?"

Eddy: "Both"

Brett shifted uncomfortably on his spot trying to find the words to say what he wanted to say

Brett: "Well it doesn't happen every day to meet a mermaid and... I was afraid that you could get angry..."

Eddy looked at him a little sceptical

Eddy: "Why would I get angry?"

Brett: "Because you never transformed or never felt the urge to while you were here with me...I didn't want to push on a what could have been a trauma for you...idk maybe you wanted to reject that part of you after, you know..."

Eddy looked down at his feet. It's true that he had not transformed since then, and he knew he was kinda scared by it.

Brett: "If you don't want to, I can understand..."

Eddy: "Ok"

Brett: "What?"

Eddy: "It's too long since I've transformed, I think it's time to stretch my tail a bit"

So, after thirty minutes they were in the bathtub ready for the transformation. They were sitting in front of each other and Eddy was wearing the patch in order to be able to control the transformation. They didn't put any fragrance or body wash in the water, in order to have clearn water to breathe if he would have sunk down. It was years since he last transformed so he didn't know how atrophied his muscles would have been.

Without rushing Eddy removed the patch and took a last glance at Brett before sinking in the water. As his head disappeared under the surface all of Eddy's body started to tremble. Little lines scratched his skin till all his torso and arms were covered in scales. His legs joined in the middle as his skin melted starting from his pelvis and his feet flatten out becoming translucent. All his body turned a shade of turquoise and his face sculpted in the classic mermaid traits.

Brett was able to look at the transformation closely being capable to breathe under water. He had never seen it happening so slowly, maybe due to the fact that it was years Eddy didn't do it.

Eddy emerged with his head looking at Brett

Eddy: "There you go"

He said matter of factly putting his tail on Brett's lap. The tub was not that big so they were basically sitting at a leg of distance, Brett had a prefect view of the new extension.

Brett: "Oh..."

Timidly he reached for it with his hands stabilizing it on his legs. The tail itself was magnificent: it had many different shades of blue, light blue, turquoise and even green according to how the light reflected on it. It had a smooth consistency, almost slimy but not gross. The scales were little and sharp but not stingy, so tidy in their scheme and quite pleasant to pet.

Brett massaged it delicately with his fingers appreciating the texture of it. Eddy leaned into the touch and relaxed his back leaning against the wall of the tub as Brett kept doing his unconscious treat. He started to swing the tail to caress Brett's legs almost without realizing it

Brett: "Someone likes the pets"

He stated playfully as Eddy brushed his fins against his side. The mermaid made a sort of purring sound swinging his tail again under Brett's fingertips.

Eddy: "Do you like it?"

He asked circling one of Brett's hands with his fin

Brett: "Yes, it's really wonderful...and it's kind of relaxing to touch"

Eddy: "So my tail is an antistress"

He joked smacking the fins on the surface of the water so that Brett was then completely wet

Brett: "Hey!"

He laughed at the man.

Eddy: "I never thought that something so ordinary could look so out of the ordinary in a human eye"

Brett: "Well you have to admit that this is far more beautiful than the human tail"

Eddy: "Oh yes, but I think your is cute...I kinda got fond of it"

Brett: "Well, lately this bad mermaid wants to play with it a little too often"

He said raising from his spot and leaning above Eddy.

Eddy: "If you're trying to do something I have to stop you here. Mermaids don't react to that kind of stimulus"

Brett: "Oh...this is not funny"

He pouted as he placed his head on Eddy's chest. It was quite functional that they both could breathe under water.

Eddy: "Well there should be a reason why I never had sex don't you think?"

Brett: "I just though it was another of your parents orders..."

Eddy: "Hey, you know I still have hands as a mermaid too?"

Brett: "Why are you asking?"

Eddy: "Because I can feel you are a little turned on...am I this beautiful as a mermaid?"

He asked jokingly. Brett sank a little deeper before turning around and placing his back on Eddy's chest

Brett: "You are beautiful in every of your forms"

Eddy: "Really? I was joking, I thought I looked like a monster in my mermaid form"

Brett turned his head to look Eddy in the eyes

Brett: "No, you don't look like a monster, you just look different..."

He said taking one of Eddy's hands in his

Brett: "How can you play under water with webbed hands?"

Eddy: "They are not that uncomfortable...glissandos are super easy"

He joked trying to interlock his fingers with Brett's.

Brett: "Eddy there's something I would have wanted to ask you a little while ago..."

He shifted on Eddy's chest transmitting uneasiness thought his skin

Eddy: "Sure what is it?"

Brett: "How strong are you in real? You know...the chair that night was blocked on the floor...and you've been able to uproot it before shooting Nora..."

Eddy started to transmit uneasiness through his skin himself

Eddy: "Hem...I'm strong, really strong...I think the strength of three or four humans maybe...I didn't wanted to tell you because I didn't want you to feel scared of me or something like this?"

Brett's head snapped back to look at Eddy with wide eyes.

Brett: "Scared? I have one of the strongest human beings in my house protecting me and now I have to feel scared?"

Eddy blinked at him before he melted by the confession and hugged the man tightly.

Eddy: "Thank you...I love you..."

Brett: "I love you too...but I fear we have to exit from here if we wanna get to work on time"

Eddy let go of Brett and they both exited the tub when Eddy was able to transform again. Eddy looked briefly at Brett as he dried himself and couldn't help but thinking that this was another proof that Brett is my best medicine