Cap. 6 Escape

It was like being in mission impossible for a week. If in mission impossible the most extreme thing Ethan made was loan a car with a red wig on. Yeah, it was the only wig fitting his head among the carnival costumes he had in his closet. Wig, baseball hat and a pair of sunglasses and he was an undercover agent. Little he knew about the real issues of his mission.

On Friday night Frank came to his house for a normal dinner and late in the evening they exited from the back door to leave with the loaned car Brett had left some roads away, making sure to stay away from public cameras. Fortunately, Frank had studied were all the cameras were and he knew how to move. It was quite functional: one knew the outside of the reserve one knew the inside.

After setting all they needed in the car they left for the reserve and fifteen minutes after, strictly passing through secondary roads, they were at the back entrance, still away from the cameras.

Brett: "Perfect, take this and put it on your head, and these on your hands"

He said handing the balaclava and gloves to his brother

Frank: "Good, the shears are on the back seat and they are cleaned by fingerprints, so touch them only with gloves on. After we used them, we will throw them into the sea"

Brett: "Ok"

He bent back to take the shears and noticed an emergency kit

Brett: "Why do we have a first aid kit?"

Frank: "You never know"

Brett: "Mh, you're right"

Frank: "Here I have the things to pick the lock and this taser should help us with the code door...I don't know if it'll work but it's the best I could find in so short time"

Brett: "Well...let's hope for the best. Do you remember the plan?"

Frank: "We pick the lock, then while you get to the roof, I take the sedative and put the guard out of the game and I take the security tape. I reach you on the roof and we bring away the mermaids. Lastly, we will take them to the sea taking secondary roads and free them. Get rid of eventual proofs and we're done, right?"

Brett: "Yes...good luck"

Frank: "Yeah, you too"

And they climbed of the car.

Picking the lock was fairly easy and they were in the hall of the building

Brett: "See you on the roof in fifteen minutes, avoid talking or do it under your breath"

Said Brett under his breath. Frank simply nodded, and they parted.

Brett moved quickly to the roof with the teaser and pepper spray just in case. Frank was quick to find the sedative under the instruction of Brett and to move toward the security cabin. The guardian was fast asleep on his chair. Wow, such a good worker. Without commenting more in his head, he shot the sedative in his neck and reached for the security tape.

Brett meanwhile had reached the coded door. Usually when he got to the roof was Nora that opened him the door with the controller, she has in the control room. Now he was on his own and he had zero idea on how to do it. He tried to put the teaser on the keypad near the lock making sure to hold the device the correct way and not to give himself a shock. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before his finger curled around the trigger.

The light was nearly blinding and the lock started to burn. He removed the teaser taking a step back. Taken from the adrenalin of the moment he kicked the door with his foot and after a metallic noise it opened revealing the roof of the building he knew so well.