Cap. 20 Lavender

The next morning Brett was the first to open his eyes and making the painful process of remembering what had happened. Eddy was still asleep on his chest and every few minutes some hiccups broke his peaceful sleep. Yeah, he was crying in his sleep.

So gently Brett combed back his black hair that had grown a little too much in the period he had on the hearth. The soft touch was enough to wake him up. He opened his eyes and sniffed with his nose burring back his head on Brett chest in the moment he reconned where he was

Eddy: "Can we stay like this forever?"

Brett: "I fear no...today we are both dismissed I guess"

Nurse: "Yes you are"

They turned simultaneously to the nurse that had just entered the room

Nurse: "Good morning"

Brett: "Good morning"

Eddy: "Good morning"

Nurse: "How Are you feeling today?"

Brett: "Still a bit dizzy but much better thank you"

Eddy: "Yeah, me too, but the leg is killing me"

Nurse: "The doctor had already thought about prescribing some painkillers, to the both of you but apart from that you'll be both free to go home this afternoon. In about twenty minutes will arrive a council employee to make Edward some documents"

Eddy: "Documents?"

Nurse: "Yes, are just provisional unless you decide to remain on the earth"

Eddy: "Oh...ok"

Nurse: "You'd better return in your room for when he arrives"

Eddy: "Ok..."

He sat up reaching for the crutches and jumped out of the room shooting a last glance at Brett

Nurse: "He will be good..."

Brett shook his head out of the daydream and glanced at the nurse puzzled for some seconds.

Nurse: "It's clear that you care for him..."

Brett: "Yeah...he is special, and I'm not talking about his...abilities"

Nurse: "Sure...the doctor will be here in few minutes to give you the papers for the dismission"

Brett: "Thank you"

Nurse: "No problem...if you need anything you know how to find me or one of my colleagues"

Brett: "Thank you...again"

She smiled sweetly and made her way to the door, leaving Brett with his rush of thoughts.

It was about an hour later that Eddy appeared on the door with his crutches and some clothes the hospital had provided him. Brett was not that different from him since their original clothes were ripped and dirty.

Brett had found the way to contact his brother and he was waiting for them out of the hospital. The car trip was silent, almost deafening.

Frank: "Here you are...if you will need something don't hesitate to call me, ok?"

Brett: "Thank you bro, I owe you a favour"

Frank: "Nah, it's all fine little one...let me help you both get into the house"

More than Brett that was still dizzy but pretty back to normal, it was Eddy who was suffering and not only physically speaking. The two brothers helped him out of the car and in the famous bed he was recovering from the trap. He fell asleep almost immediately after taking the painkillers the doctor had prescribed, it was a really strong dosage for the first week and Eddy needed it.