Sarian

How did you discover Wattpad?
I discovered Wattpad while Googling websites where one can read books.

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I've been on Wattpad for five years but only really started using it last year. I'm on pretty much every day.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

There's no particular meaning, I just like the name.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

I come from a family of teachers so reading and writing was a big part of my childhood. I've loved doing both for as long as I can remember.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?
Well, that's a difficult question. If I absolutely had to choose I would say C.S. Lewis and his series, Chronicles of Narnia. Fantasy books have always had a special place in my heart.

Do you want a career in writing?
I'm a journalism student so yes, I do intend to pursue a career in the field of writing.

Who supports you the most in your writing?
There are so many people; my best friends, cousins, readers...I can't really pick one and put them above the others as the most supportive.

______________

Choose one of your books:

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about (2/3 lines)?
The book I'm currently working on is called Beauty's Beast. It's a fantasy story with a dark twist. Both Beauty and Beast are the antagonists. Beauty lures human women to the magical dimension with a rose from Beast's garden. Once they're there, Beast chases and devours them.

What inspired you to write it?
I've always loved talking about and reading the different twists that can be found in fairy tales but I never attempted to do a retelling until I wrote the poem Diamond Rings (a story about what the fairy tale princesses had to go through to get married) from a Wattpad prompt. That really inspired me to start working on Beauty's Beast.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?
It was last updated two weeks ago, a new update should be up soon. I'm trying to get to the point where a new chapter is posted weekly.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?
My chapters vary from about 4 pages to 1. It really depends on what's being written.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?
I am very proud of my book. Knowing that there are persons out there who read my work and enjoy it, well, that means a lot to me.

Do you have any advice for new authors?
My advice would be to keep writing. The fact that you can take up a pen or get out your laptop and put your feelings and imagination into words is amazing. Always be proud because with every word written you are accomplishing something. So just keep at it, and keep trying to improve in any way you can.

This author's book works well and I really liked how it flowed. The storyline for Beauty's Beast was amazing and I really enjoyed reading it. I recommend it!!