born_a_grenade

How did you discover Wattpad?

My friends used to read and write books on wattpad so they told me to download the app. I never thought I would love this app so much! ;)

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I have been on Wattpad since October '14.

I use it very often and infact I use Wattpad the most amongst all the applications I have downloaded. I spend all of my free time on this amazing app.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

A few months back I was a person who hated reading. I would never read a book. Instead I would wait for the movie to release. But then I read a few books and I became a book lover. As I read books various ideas sprang up in my mind and I told them to my friends. I would imagine a situation and create short stories in my mind when wouldn't fall asleep at night. I felt I needed to vent out my ideas somewhere and Wattpad enabled me to do so.

I discovered my love for writing since I was about 8 years old. I had written a horror story in my diary (which I still have :P ) and then started making up more stories in mind, though I never put them on paper.

Who are your favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!) What is your favourite genre?

My favourite authors are Anna Todd and John Greene.

My favourite books are After and The Fault In Our Stars.

My favourite genre is suspense and romance. I love it when the two genres are combined together. When an element of suspense is added to the romantic story, it makes the story so much more thrilling. It doesn't make it a stereotype love story. And that's what I do in my fanfic, I add an element of thrill and suspense to romance.

Do you want a career in writing?

Yes. I would love to persue a career associated with writing. If you make your hobby your proffession, your life will never be monotonous.

Who supports you the most in your writing?

My READERS and FRIENDS! They all encourage me so much to write. Whenever they leave any comment and vote I feel so good. Voting and commenting makes the writer feel that their writing is fruitful in some way. And my friends are always with me and keep my spirits high to continue my writing.

_________________________

Choos one of your books:

What is your book called? What genre is it? What is it about?

My book is named, "All You Need Is Love || Nash Grier Fanfiction".

It is about a girl named Bethany, who shifts to New York for her further education and that's when she meets the hottest guy in college - Nash Grier. She tries her level best to adapt to the new place but her mysterious past makes its way back into her life and breaks her more everytime she faces a problem. But Nash's love helps her to stand up after everytime she falls.

What inspired you to write?

I read many books recently and After and The Fault In Our Stars has inspired me to write because they both are such unique yet adorable lovestories.

How often do you update? When was it last updated?

I try and update every week but I have so much work going on around that it becomes difficult make the time to write.

I last updated my fanfiction about 5 days ago.

How long are your chapters? Do you think short or long chapters are better?

My chapter get longer as I am going ahead with the story. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to read a chapter.

I think long chapters are better because if your reading a fanfiction or story which is not completed you want to read more matter as the writer takes time to update. Plus a long chapter can accomadate the whole scene and the flow isn't broken.

Are you proud of how well your book has done? Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

Yes I am definitely happy with my work. I have reached 2.93k reads and Iove it! Though I would ve to get 1 Million reads and that's my life goal. (I know 1 Million sounds too much but lets wish for the best)

Do you have any advice for new authors?

Yes. At first when you start writing you might feel your story doesn't have a plot and it's not what you want but trust me as you go ahead with it you'll see that things fall in the right place automatically. Don't stop writing! Remember that books which get millions of reads once had 0 reads. It takes time for people to discover your story. Just don't let your self-moral go down and try try till you succeed. :)

I liked the concept of this author's book, even if it was cliche. It is quite well written, with the exception of a few grammer and spelling mistakes, but I still recommend it to everyone who wants to check it out!