Lightning_Stryker

How did you discover Wattpad?

I was previously on another writing community, and a lot of the writers were talking about this amazing website called Wattpad. I had checked it out, but never made an account. About a year or so later, I felt that my writing had matured enough to branch off to bigger horizons and so I thought that Wattpad would be a great place to start.

How long have you had Wattpad, and how often do you use it?

I've been on Wattpad for about ten months now and I use it daily to interact with my readers and to talk with other writers.

Is there a meaning behind your username?

It's quite a funny story. When I was younger, I was playing Final Fantasy XIII and the main female protagonist went by the name of Lightning. She had a determined and fearless attitude and I really liked that about her. The second part of my name was just added on because I really liked the way the combination sounded together.

Why did you start writing? What age did you discover your love for it?

When I had first started writing, I was about the age of seven. Since grade school, I've always had a big imagination and thought up ideas that were out of this world. Since then, I have fallen in love with writing in general. It has been a huge part of my life and I don't know where I would be if I hadn't started writing at such a young age.

Who are you favourite authors? What are your favourite books? (Books on Wattpad count too!)

This is one of the hardest questions I have ever been asked! I would say that Stephenie Meyer is one of my ultimate favorite authors. The Twilight Saga would definitely be one on the top of my list. I've read so many great books on Wattpad, that I can't even pick just one!

What is your favourite genre?

My favorite genre to write is Science Fiction.My favorite genre to read is ChickLit.

Do you want a career in writing?

Yes, I do! Becoming a published author is the ultimate goal I have for my life!

Who supports you the most in your writing?

My friends, family, God, and my readers. My friends and family are always there for me through thick and thin. They always have an ear out when I get stumped or when I need help with my writing. God has been with me throughout this entire journey and I have no idea where I would be at without him. My readers are so amazing! Their feedback really brightens up my day and I love that they're as interested in the book as I am! I am so grateful and blessed to be where I am today! I could never ask for a better support group!

_________________________

What is your book called?

Broken

What genre is it?

Science Fiction but it also has bits of action, romance, suspense, and fantasy.

What is it about (2/3 lines)?

A young girl named KL Kiyano discovers that she has powers. As her parents are involved in a plane crash, they meet a gifted young boy named Kratos Alexanderson and ask him to go find their daughter. As their paths intertwine, they get sucked into a world of chaos and danger that they may never be able to run from.

What inspired you to write it?

I was reading a manga that talked about people who possessed special powers, and the main idea for this whole story came from there. I had no idea that I would go as far as I did with this one idea, but I've had so much fun with the storyline so far!

How often do you update?

I update bi-weekly.

When was it last updated?

February 3rd

  How long are your chapters? 

Anywhere from 1,500-5,500 words

Do you think short or long chapters are better?

I do not have a preference, I just think it is important to get the needed information to the readers. To me, it's not about chapter length, but chapter quality.

Are you proud of how well your book has done?

Yes, I am very happy. I had posted this book on another site before I came to Wattpad and it won first place in one of the biggest contests on there and has over 20k views. On Wattpad, I currently have about 3.1k views, but I am very satisfied with the number. I have many dedicated readers that leave amazing feedback, so I am very proud of how well my book has done so far.

Are you happy with the amount of reads it has?

Yes, I am! I am satisfied, but they always say the more the merrier!

Do you have any advice for new authors?

There are three words that have gotten me through rough times when I was writing: Go for it. No matter how crazy or how dumb you think an idea sounds, go with your gut. Don't hold yourself back because one of your friends doesn't like the idea or because someone left a sour comment on your story. As a writer, you have to pick yourself back up and try again. Never give up on your dreams and ideas. Write for you and no one else.

This author has a very well written book, which reads almost professionally, and their plots are very good. Personally, their genre of writing does not appeal to me but I did enjoy reading their book. I really recommend them - especially to those who enjoy this genre!!