Chapter 30 - A kiss for a cup of tea

Of course, Jennie wasn't really willing to let Roseanne get out of the car and run. The two returned home in peace and Roseanne made honey grapefruit tea as she wished. She was worried that Jennie would have a headache tomorrow, so she specially put in a handful of kudzu flowers.

The fragrance of sweet-scented osmanthus honey was rich and the grapefruit was refreshing. Accompanied by the sweetness of the kudzu blossoms, the finely chopped grapefruit grains were much more rich and exquisite. Jennie took a sip and complimented, "You can open a shop."

The auntie's room was on the first floor. Being older, she went to bed early and the movement of the two was much lighter than usual. In the quiet room at night, Jennie's voice was low and it sounded huskier than usual. Roseanne felt like kissing Jennie again. She had never kissed anyone so she couldn't imagine how it'd be. She felt that if the other party was Jennie, the experience should be good...

"Okay." Roseanne swallowed the words "a kiss for a cup of tea" and asked, "How much do you think a cup is worth?" Jennie smiled, took out a car key from her pocket, and threw it to Roseanne. "It's worth this amount."

Roseanne took the car key and was taken aback...This was the key to the sports car that Jennie had just bought. Jennie was about to go upstairs with her tea but stopped in her tracks when Roseanne started stuttering, "This is..."

"I originally bought it for you." Jennie took a sip of tea. "The last time we went out with it was just for you to experience it. It felt good when I drove it." "But." Jennie said sternly, "Before getting your driver's license, you can only go to the garage to have a look, but not drive."

Roseanne was surprised and smiled. "Why are you suddenly giving such a big gift..."

Jennie opened her mouth and smiled without explaining. She couldn't bring herself to reveal that the car should have been given to her half a month ago.

Afraid that Roseanne would refuse, she still wanted to give it to her in the name of gambling money, but then...

A missed opportunity was a missed opportunity. In Vanity Fair, Jennie had always been invincible. But she felt that relationships were not the same as business and shouldn't be calculated as gains and losses. Fortunately, she could make up for it. This was the ideal moment to give the car to Roseanne.

Of course, Jennie didn't know that apart from the bet, she had missed some other and more important opportunities. "I'll go upstairs first. Although you don't have classes tomorrow, don't go to bed too late tonight. Go to bed early..." Jennie said, "Have breakfast with me tomorrow morning."

Roseanne nodded, she looked at the car key in her hand embarrassedly and said, "Thank you, Jennie ..."

"No thanks needed." Jennie lifted the honey tea in her hand. A quiet and gentle light flashed from the ring in her hand, "A cup of tea in exchange for a car. I've benefited from doing business with you." Roseanne pursed her lips and chuckled in a low voice, "Do you usually... do the same during business discussions?"

"No. It varies from person to person." Jennie smiled and went upstairs with her tea.

Watching Jennie go upstairs, Roseanne's heart was warm and full. Actually... she would prefer to have a kiss compared to a sports car. But looking at the car key in her hand, she was still quite happy.

Previously, she had casually mentioned to Jennie that she would get her driver's license. At that time, Jennie asked her what kind of car she liked. Roseanne was doing test papers and had absentmindedly said that sports cars were cool.

Roseanne cherished the key that was in her pocket and went upstairs with a small teapot.

The next day, Jennie, who was supposed to have a hangover, sat at the dining table with a refreshed look. Feeling proud, Roseanne asked Jennie in front of her aunt, "Do you have a headache?" "No." Jennie answered casually while looking at the newspaper.