Chapter 11 - Earplugs

Although she was a bit uneasy about the whole situation, Roseanne felt that she was in no position to be unhappy. She spaced out for a while, quickly opened the cupboard and rummaged through her things... She remembered that she had brought a pair of earplugs over.

The natural setting of the place Roseanne had previously lived in was a bit better. There were a lot of birds in the community. When the weather was hot, the birds would start chirping at dawn. At that time, Roseanne bought a pair of earplugs, and its sound insulation effect was superb.

Although Jennie's room was soundproof, Roseanne didn't want to take any chances and hear the messy sounds of Jennie and her partner.

Lest... lest she got more heartache.

The earplugs were not big, and Roseanne forgot where she placed it. She searched for a long time but still wasn't able to find it. Suddenly, her phone rang. Roseanne swiftly picked it up and was stunned to see a text message from Jennie.

"Asleep?"

For some reason, Roseanne felt uncomfortable. She pursed her lips and replied, "Not yet. But I'm heading to bed now."

Roseanne rubbed her face tiredly and continued to look for the earplugs. In less than a minute, Roseanne's phone rang again. Once again it was from Jennie.

"Since you aren't asleep, come to my room for a moment."

Roseanne looked at the phone and was dumbfounded. Her face flushed quickly, and she got up in shame. She desperately felt like throwing the phone away.

Why are you bullying people that much?!

Roseanne thought for a while. Still reluctant to be impulsive, she picked up the phone and quickly replied, "I'm lying on my bed and won't be going."

Throwing the phone aside after sending it, she felt even more irritable. Where did the earplugs go?!

Roseanne pushed out the suitcase that she used when she moved in and dumped all the contents on the floor. Just as she was about to search, there was a knock on her bedroom door.

Roseanne's heart started to beat faster. She took a deep breath, walked to the door, and opened it.

Jennie, who was on the other side, hadn't changed her clothes yet and was a little bit drunk. She looked at the mess in Roseanne's room, then looked at the suitcase lying by the side. She knitted her brows and asked, "What's wrong?"

Jennie continued indifferently, "Just after returning home, you want to pack your things and return to your parents?"

Roseanne was speechless, and the little anger she just had disappeared unknowingly. She stared blankly at the object Jennie was holding and was taken aback. Feeling a bit stunned and confused, she mumbled incoherently, "Erm... The soundproofing is bad and I couldn't find my earplugs..."

Jennie frowned deeper. She closely scrutinized Roseanne and passed her the cup full of strawberries. "I didn't expect to be back so late... If you are afraid of having these at such a late time, don't eat them now in case you don't feel well tomorrow."

When Jennie saw Roseanne still dumbfounded, she said helplessly, "You forgot? I said today that I would buy you something to make amends... After spending the night at the bar, I didn't have time to buy anything and bought this on the way back. Don't eat it if you don't like it, it's still a bit cold."

"No, I like it." Roseanne hurriedly took it. She looked at Jennie and hesitated, "Just now, I heard that someone came back with you..."

"Han So-hee came to fetch something and has already left." Jennie looked at Roseanne's expression carefully and frowned, "What's the matter with you?"