Chapter 9 - Clingy

"Since Jennie and Roseanne get along really well, you can rest assured now."

After the meal, everyone chatted in various groups. A relative who was well acquainted with Shin Hye whispered to her, "In the beginning I thought that this marriage arrangement may not be suitable as the age gap was so wide. But now that I look at it, it's pretty good. It seems like though older, the more stable and considerate the other party is."

Shin Hye recalled the situation on the table just now. With mixed feelings in her heart, she forcefully smiled and nodded, "Yes, Jennie does take care of her."

Not far away, Jennie, who "will take care of her," stood by Roseanne. She took a sip of water and said, "In another 25 minutes, I will head over and bid goodbye to Chairman Park and your mother."

Being watched by everyone from time to time, either intentionally or unintentionally, with gazes kind or inquiring, Roseanne had long ago wanted to leave as she was feeling uncomfortable by everyone's stares. She nodded and replied, "Okay."

Jennie looked at Roseanne's expression carefully and asked with a smile, "Such a short answer, are you angry?"

"Huh?" Roseanne raised her head and in confusion, spoke, "What can I be angry about?"

Jennie smiled and said, "Grab some food."

"You..." Roseanne wanted to cry. She had just stopped thinking about it, and when Jennie mentioned it, her mind started to replay the scene of picking food during dinner. Roseanne's face turned red in shame. Rubbing her face, she said uncomfortably, "That's not the case. I don't get angry easily."

"If you are angry, tell me." Jennie thought about it. Truthfully, it was a bit inappropriate to display such intimacy in front of Shin Hye. She whispered, "Next time... If next time you don't want to cooperate, you can just tell me."

Roseanne looked at Jennie suspiciously while Jennie smiled helplessly. "I'm just teasing you. If you are not happy, do you really think that I'll force you?"

Roseanne looked away and murmured, "Even if you don't use force... You might get angry and tell my mother that I copied your signature. Anyway... My life is in your hands. How could I not be obedient?"

Jennie was stunned. She had never expected Roseanne to still remember the incident of forging her signature.

Jennie didn't think she was harsh or terrifying when she talked to Roseanne that day. She thought it was just a friendly exchange; a caring conversation after their marriage. Unexpectedly, Roseanne was still quite stubborn, enough to harp on it.

Jennie restrained her laughter and asked, "You think that I'll report to your mother whenever I feel your actions are unsatisfactory?"

Roseanne looked at Jennie uncertainly, obviously thinking that such a thing might happen.

Jennie sighed softly in her heart, it's good to be so young. It's cute to be so innocent.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about the forgery." Jennie didn't want Roseanne to stay on her toes all the time just because of that incident, and promised, "No matter what you do."

Roseanne's eyes lit up. "You promise?"

"I promise." Jennie smiled. "Although I don't know why you think I would do such troublesome things, I really don't have the bad habit of bringing up old scores."

Roseanne breathed a sigh of relief.

Only god knows how many days she had been in fear!

Jennie was amused when she saw Roseanne's relaxed look and said, "Stay here for a while, I'll go and say goodbye to your grandmother."