Chapter 14 - Parents' meeting

In the morning of the second day of school reopening, Jennie woke up a little bit earlier than usual. After having breakfast with Roseanne, both of them got into the car and set off.

Except for her parents, this was the first time that another family member sent her to school. Roseanne was thrilled but wanted reaffirmation and decided to ask again, "Sending me to school doesn't waste too much of your time, right?"

Jennie was amused and replied, "If you continue to ask, I will test your vocabulary while we are on the road so that you know what not wasting time really is."

Roseanne was most afraid of this so she obediently sat in the car and stopped talking.

Jennie's car was fully equipped with various equipment. After getting in the car, she began to process her business file. Roseanne looked at her dumbfoundedly and after a while, she couldn't hold back. She whispered, "Jennie ... Can I ask you something? Just one question."

This was what she should have asked last night, but Roseanne was flustered and completely forgot about it.

The corner of Jennie's mouth was slightly raised. She looked at the monitor and briefly said, "Speak."

"When I was having lunch with my mother yesterday, I discussed it with her. I will go home over the next weekend. Will you have time in the afternoon on Saturday? If you have time, do you want to come to my house for a meal?" Roseanne asked and continued explaining, "Not my grandmother's, but my mother's house. She invited you."

Jennie nodded. "I have time. I'll send you back when the time comes."

Roseanne grinned with joy and replied, "Okay, then I will let my mother know in advance."

Jennie thought for a while and looked at Roseanne. "Then which day of the week will you be coming back?"

Roseanne hesitated for awhile before speaking, "Sunday night or afternoon? My mother's place is too far from school. If I go to school directly on Monday, I'll have to get up early. It's a bit inconvenient."

"True." Jennie nodded. "In that case, I'll pick you up on Sunday night."

Roseanne was touched by her gesture and responded, "No need. It'll be taking up too much of your time. Besides, are you still afraid that I cannot recognize the way back?"

Jennie was doing two things at once and while dealing with work, absentmindedly said, "No, I'm afraid you will run away and won't come back."

Roseanne tried her best to suppress the corners of her mouth that had been provoked. She coughed and stopped talking.

Jennie was busy with her own affairs. When they arrived at the school gate, Jennie handed her schoolbag and said, "I don't think I'll be able to pick you up at noon, but So-hee will definitely come. Have a good lunch. Don't be naughty."

Roseanne agreed. "I understand. You also have a good lunch at noon."

Jennie nodded. She winded down the car window and watched Roseanne enter the school gate before allowing the driver to drive away.

The internet was a bit lagging. While watching the emails slowly send, Jennie recalled the details of interacting with Roseanne this morning. She was quite satisfied with Roseanne's attitude during her rebellious period. Today, she was very well-behaved and ate a lot for breakfast. In the car just now, she spontaneously took out the vocabulary book to recite and memorise. When she left the car, her cheeks were slightly red and her complexion was good.

All these details showed Roseanne was in good condition today, both physically and mentally.

Sure enough, moderate care and concern was necessary.