Chapter 12 - Rebellious

Jennie looked at Roseanne incredulously. "I fell asleep while waiting for your cup of milk... And you drank it all by yourself?"

Sure enough, she was being rebellious.

How would Roseanne know that Jennie would wake up so quickly. Roseanne had finished the entire cup of milk and did not leave a single drop. She couldn't explain clearly and could only apologize profusely, "Sorry, I... I didn't mean it..."

Jennie let out an exasperated laugh. She stood up, stretched her shoulders and said in a low voice, "It's getting late, go to bed."

"No, no, I'll make you another cup of hot milk." Roseanne was about to die from tremendous guilt. She was afraid that Jennie would refuse and desperately continued, "I'll be really quick. Really... I'll also add a little sugar to make it sweet, okay?"

Roseanne looked at Jennie anxiously. She was worried, fearing that Jennie would leave just like that.

Jennie focused on Roseanne's anxious look and felt unconsciously amused. Suddenly, a mean part of her personality was longing to try and push Roseanne's limits. She was especially tempted to head upstairs without saying a word.

Roseanne might anxiously reach out to stop her and say more words to keep her here.

Maybe she would stand in front of the stairs and plead, or maybe she would directly hold her hand...

But there was another possibility of Roseanne not daring to stop her and would instead stand downstairs with a face full of embarrassment and finally head upstairs in low spirits, sleeping anxiously all night.

Jennie rubbed her eyebrows, suppressed the evil thoughts in her mind and smiled gently at Roseanne. "Okay, but hurry up."

Roseanne instantly felt relaxed and became cheerful. Nodding vigorously with bright eyes, she spoke a word, "Immediately" and eagerly went to warm the milk.

Jennie sat back on the sofa and called Han So-hee to ask about the situation.

Sure enough, this time the milk was heated in less than ten minutes. Jennie drank the milk and smiled. "Thank you, I feel more comfortable."

Roseanne grinned as she took the empty glass and rinsed it clean. Jennie, who was still dizzy, urged in a low voice, "Leave it there. Someone will clean up tomorrow. Go upstairs to rest."

"Okay," Roseanne agreed and went upstairs with Jennie. Both returned to their own respective bedrooms.

Roseanne's emotions were like a roller coaster the whole day, running up and down several times. At this time, her mood was much calmer and she was relaxed. After lying down on her bed, she fell asleep instantly.

On the other hand, Jennie, who drank Roseanne's cup of milk filled with love, was lying in bed and couldn't sleep.

Jennie had been doing her best to purify her body and mind for a month and hadn't drank for a long time. Today, after consuming too much alcohol, her blood surged and her temple tingled.

The more she couldn't sleep, the more Jennie's mind wouldn't stop thinking about today's work, tomorrow's arrangements... Work related issues kept rolling into her mind. The longer she thought about it, the more severe her headache became.

Jennie took a few deep breaths and tried her best to distract herself by thinking about other things. Somehow, Roseanne's smiling face appeared in Jennie's mind.

She had to admit, Roseanne's rebellious side was a lovely sight.

Jennie recalled that she had never experienced this stage. There was no way to compare. The only reference was her two cousins.