Chapter 25 - Wedding Ring

After half a day of pestering, Roseanne successfully managed to convince Jennie not to engrave the billiard cue stick nor showcase it in the glass cover with antique bulletproof and radiation-proof alarm for protection.

Roseanne said with a dry mouth, "If one day our house gets robbed, the thief would not be interested in a wooden stick, but... But if you protect this cue stick in this way, the thief may think that this was used by Joe Davis, and even if he doesn't touch your gold bars, he will definitely steal this. Really! Believe me!"

"So these protections are unnecessary, and I don't think it is good to put it in the study." Roseanne took a sip of juice to moisturize her throat and continued, "I just thought of a good location for it. In our garage! It'll not be exposed to direct sunlight, it won't easily age, and it can be stored for a longer period of time! How about it? I have a good cue storage box, I will find it when I go back and put it in, okay?"

Jennie tried hard to resist laughing and instead presented as though she was still unmoved, "Since when did you develop this habit of giving an inch, taking a mile?"

Roseanne hummed in response. Jennie didn't want to continue with this topic anymore and made a final decision. "It won't be mounted in a glass cover, but it must be placed in the study room. This matter has already been set, so you don't need to say anything more."

Roseanne whispered, "Why would you want to put it in the study room? Letting others see..."

Aren't you afraid of being embarrassed?

"This item has two purposes. Now it can be taken as a warning. When you go to university, you won't live at home anymore. I can use it to reminisce." Jennie smiled, "I like decorating the study like this. What about others? Besides you, who can point fingers about the items in my house?"

Roseanne only heard the sentence "When you go to university, you won't live at home", and her heart suddenly became empty. She whispered quickly and said, "I'll not live in the dorms even after I go to university."

Jennie raised her eyebrows. "You'll still live at home after going to university?"

"It's not for certain that I can pass the exam this year. Besides... If I go to live in school and separate from you, what if others see it and don't know what to say." Roseanne imagined Jennie standing in the study room, looking at the cue stick while missing her and whispered, "You being at home, like an old woman whose children have married off, how desolate..."

The veins on Jennie's forehead twitched. She smiled and repeated, "An old woman whose children have married off."

Roseanne realized that she had stepped on Jennie's sore spot again and hurriedly changed her words. "No, did I just say that? There must be no..."

"Don't always smear me..." Roseanne bowed her head, continuing faintly, "Anyway, I don't want to live in the dormitories. I should be admitted into a local university so I don't need to live in school. If it's far away, it's not a big deal to get up early in the morning. I'm not the kind that loves to sleep."

Jennie smiled. "You love being at home that much?"

Roseanne looked at Jennie, her lips moved without answering.

Not that I love being home, it's that I love being with you.

"It's up to you. If you don't want to live on campus, you won't live on campus." Jennie thought about it and said, "It's not necessary to get up early for a class. I don't necessarily have to live here. By that time... We can get a suitable house that is near your school."

Roseanne bowed her head and smiled, the corners of her mouth almost reached the bottom of her ears.

"Okay, have you finished?" Jennie looked at the plate in front of Roseanne and raised her hand to glance at the time. "Are you sleepy? You got up early today. Want to go to the room and take a nap?"