Chapter 7 - Pink Envelope

After the incident of the forged signature, Roseanne was very worried that Jennie would call Park Sun-yung or her mother to inform them of what she'd done.

But after thinking about it, Roseanne thought Jennie wouldn't be idle enough to deliberately contact her family and tell them that she was not obedient while she was with her. That shouldn't be the case.

Afterwards, Jennie indeed gave her a compensation gift, a small delicate wallet. She said it was to reward her for knowing her mistakes and correcting them.

Thinking that Jennie should not have gone to Park Sun-yung to tell on her, Roseanne felt a little bit relieved. The reason why she was still relatively well behaved in front of Jennie was because whenever the other woman exposed her true self, she was terrifying. Roseanne had lingering fears and didn't dare to provoke her again.

Apart from Jennie, in the following month, whenever Roseanne saw Han So-hee, she would take a detour to avoid her as she was half embarrassed and half frightened. Roseanne suspected Han So-hee would supervise everything she did at any time. For example, whenever she slept in, didn't finish the glass of milk for breakfast, kicked a stone that broke a flowerpot before entering the house... She would record it and report to Jennie, adding one last sentence, "President Kim, I hope you know."

The thought of it happening was too scary.

The culprit, Han So-hee, didn't have any embarrassment or guilt. When facing Roseanne, she was still gentle and polite, as if the person who told on someone was not her at all.

"Of course she wouldn't feel awkward."

In the study room, Jennie, who had just dealt with official affairs, talked about this when chatting with Roseanne during one of their "break time". Jennie explained, "Because I told her that I didn't expose the fake signature and asked her to forget about it. She thought you didn't know anything, how could she be uncomfortable?"

Roseanne mumbled, "Why did you specially tell her..."

Jennie smiled and didn't utter a word. Roseanne thought about it and understood. Jennie was afraid that Roseanne would be ashamed in front of Han So-hee.

This kind of sweet and silent consideration made Roseanne's heart throb and a little hot. She coughed and changed the subject. "Are you still busy? Can you help me look at this question?"

Ever since Roseanne moved to Jennie's study room, Jennie had taught her at her homework more than once. At first, she was embarrassed to disturb Jennie, but later on, Jennie couldn't stand it anymore.

A number sequence problem that Jennie could tell the answer through mental calculation, made Roseanne freeze for half an hour and she didn't even know where to start. In the end, she started from scratch on the draft paper and calculated the entire number sequence, densely writing on a whole piece of paper, and going so far as to count the even numbers one by one...

Jennie looked at Roseanne's simple yet tedious problem-solving method with complicated eyes and couldn't speak for a long time.

Is this an indigenous way of using the steelmaking method?

Jennie didn't want to hurt Roseanne's self-esteem and pretended to be blind. After Roseanne solved this question, she breathed a sigh of relief. Roseanne then she took out another draft paper and prepared to conquer the next one in the same way...

Jennie couldn't bear it anymore and said, "Roseanne, in your textbook, there is something called a formula..."

Jennie stopped what she was doing, took the papers in Roseanne's hand, and wrote down a few steps to simplify and transform the sequence of numbers into a model that could be directly substituted into the formula. Then, she pushed the test paper back to Roseanne and said, "Try it."