Chapter 27 - Pocket Money

After inspecting the current specific teaching standards of the school and attending the parent meeting for her wife, Jennie gave up the meeting room to other parents. She then talked alone with Roseanne's homeroom teacher in the corridor.

"I've already said a lot about her studies so I won't repeat it." Roseanne's homeroom teacher was a 40-year-old lady who was neither kind nor harsh. She carefully analyzed, "Her grades aren't good. Fortunately, she is willing to work hard. Her attitude towards her homework is very serious and is very well completed."

Jennie looked at Roseanne. Roseanne hurriedly lowered her head, reducing the smile on her face. The two tacitly knew that Jennie checked her homework every day, and as such, of course the standards were good.

Jennie's expression wasn't red and her heart wasn't beating erratically while protecting Roseanne's shortcomings. She agreed, "Yes, she is very serious and active with her homework."

"Her foundation is not very good. After learning about the structure of her previous school, I was worried that she could not adapt to this fast pace. I didn't expect that she could integrate into the environment very quickly, which shows that she is very adaptable." The homeroom teacher adjusted her spectacles and continued, "She has a good personality and gets along with her classmates. After transferring for half a semester, almost all the classmates like her. Her teachers also like her very much... Apart from her grades, she is serious and polite, and willing to work hard. Her teachers are also very patient with her."

Jennie nodded in agreement. "She has always been likable."

Roseanne's shoulder twitched and her head lowered in embarrassment.

The homeroom teacher had just learned how much Jennie protected her so there was not much fluctuation in her heart. She nodded and said, "As far as I have observed, her psychological and mental state are rather good. At this stage, students are generally stressed and it is easy for them to become anxious. Guardians should pay more attention."

Jennie thoughtfully asked, "Occasionally there is a little rebelliousness. This shouldn't be caused by the pressure of studies?"

Roseanne looked at Jennie, confused.

The homeroom teacher pondered. After a moment she uncertainly answered, "I feel that she wasn't under that much stress..."

In this exam, Roseanne's scores improved by leaps and bounds compared to the previous one. But she was still 100 points behind the second-to-last classmate in her class.

In the ranking of being the first from the last, Roseanne sat in a peaceful manner and was not surprised.

Although she had worked very hard, it was also full of optimistic efforts. The homeroom teacher could not feel Roseanne's pain and low self-esteem.

Jennie saw that the homeroom teacher had no unique insight. In line with the principle that the ugliness of family should not be publicized, she did not continue with the topic anymore. She learnt how Roseanne was in school and said, "Thank you for your hard work. I think this is good enough."

Jennie recalled what she had observed just now. Just like how other parents were educating their children, she added to Roseanne, "Do you know that the teachers have worked hard?"

Roseanne dropped her head and nodded vigorously when she heard the words. Jennie said to the teacher, "She is actually a little bit naughty occasionally. If she is not obedient and you become angry..."

Jennie said calmly, "You cannot beat or scold her."

The homeroom teacher swallowed the words, "Don't worry, we never take such harsh measures. We just persuade and use reasoning." She choked and continued, "This is certain."