Chapter 21 - Ten Chips

Just as Roseanne had said, the first night of a cold was the most uncomfortable. She would be much better after sleeping it off.

In the middle of the night, Jennie got up and went to Roseanne's room. She didn't turn on the light. Using the dim street light coming through the window, she walked over to Roseanne's bed and touched her forehead.

It was not hot anymore.

As soon as Jennie was about to withdraw her hand, Roseanne suddenly rolled over and rubbed her cheek against her palm. Jennie was startled and a rush of tenderness filled her heart.

Roseanne started to mumble something incoherently, Jennie suspected she might be cursing in a dream, so she punished her by gently knocking twice on her forehead. Sure enough, Roseanne stopped talking in her sleep and fell into a deep slumber.

The next day, Roseanne's cold was much better.

Jennie was not so busy today and still sent her to school.

Roseanne's spirit was better and she started to talk much more. She looked at Jennie, suppressing excitement mixed with shyness, and asked, "Did you enter my room at night? Did you really come?"

Jennie said, "I didn't go, I slept too well and didn't wake up."

Roseanne was a little disappointed. "I was afraid you would see my sleep posture wasn't good so when I fell asleep last night, I deliberately lay upright."

"Really? It didn't seem to last long." Jennie looked at her phone and said lightly, "You were squatting when I entered."

"Pfft..." The driver heard Jennie telling a cold joke for the first time and he couldn't control himself.

Jennie glanced at the driver, who instantly put away his smile, lowering his head down in guilt and embarrassment.

Roseanne held back her laughter and asked again, "You really came?"

Jennie nodded lightly.

Roseanne's mood, which was originally good, became even better.

Roseanne continued, "By the way! If we go out to play, then we can't go to my mother's on the weekend."

"I already called her last night." Jennie glanced at Roseanne. "I told her that I will send you back next weekend."

"Hehehe..." Roseanne chuckled, "Then I will call my mother to apologize in the evening. Jennie ... Will the place that we are going to be cold? I don't have thicker clothes."

"It should be..." Jennie wasn't that sure. "I'll take the time to call my friend today and ask. There are mountains over there; maybe it will be a bit colder than here. Want to go home to get clothes?"

Roseanne nodded. "I want to see my mother too."

"I'll send you back Friday and pick you up Saturday morning." Jennie said, "I have an appointment Friday night, so I won't be able to eat at your house."

Roseanne smiled. "It's okay, my mother will understand."

Jennie said "Okay". After a while, Roseanne couldn't help but ask, "So, will we be back Sunday night..."

Jennie looked at Roseanne and smiled.

Roseanne felt that she was being a little noisy and instantly felt embarrassed.

"You can come back on Sunday night. If you are not afraid of getting up early, you can come back the next morning." Jennie calculated the drive from the hotel to Roseanne's school and said, "If you don't want to miss class, you'll have to get up at five o'clock. Will you be able to wake up?"