Chapter 20 - You are safe with me

When Roseanne went downstairs, Jennie and So-hee were still in the position she had left them in. On the surface, there was no change.

Roseanne settled her worries as she carried her schoolbag and said to So-hee, "I've packed up, shall we go now?"

So-hee looked at Jennie. Jennie nodded a little and So-hee took Roseanne away with her.

Jennie walked to the window, lit a cigarette and stared into blank space.

Roseanne had asked So-hee about her preferences for sexual partners.

What does this mean?

It might be pure curiosity. It might be she had a desire to know secrets. It might be that she liked her.

Roseanne was not a very curious person. It seemed the first reasoning was not true.

Roseanne's manners were very good and she was polite. She would not contact So-hee to inquire about this just because of her desire to pry into her privacy. So the second reasoning was not right.

The third... Roseanne was already her legal lover. If she liked her, she didn't need to lower her position to understand her own preferences. She just needed to open the door of her room at night. However, such a thing was even more impossible.

It took Jennie half a second to quickly rule out the real cause and analyze it carefully.

Roseanne was not an impulsive person. There must be something related to those having a close relationship with her that prompted her to take the risk to contact So-hee to inquire about it.

Based on what happened yesterday, Jennie made a preliminary conclusion.

The scandal made Roseanne very uneasy.

Even if she promised that nothing similar would happen again, this incident still made her feel insecure.

Roseanne was worried that she would soon have a new partner and she would be attacked by these inexplicable public opinions again.

It was reasonable to think this way. Roseanne was almost hurt and she was now guarded. She wanted to know her own preferences and would then try her best to interrupt her so that she has less contact with these people to protect herself.

For self-protection, there was no way to blame her.

Jennie even agreed.

She was also a person who would do anything for her own personal gain.

No, Roseanne was not unscrupulous... It was just a little cautious preparation.

This was also very understandable. If Roseanne were her own daughter, she definitely wouldn't want to find her a stepmother. Who would not be selfish?

Jennie admits that she treated Roseanne well and Roseanne relied on her. To be possessive, it was just human nature.

Jennie quickly justified Roseanne's actions and forgave her unilaterally.

Jennie had thought about it before that if she got along with Roseanne after getting married, Roseanne might disturb her quest of finding a new lover. If she were to be in love with someone, she might do small actions to sabotage the relationship, such as behaving like a spoiled brat or something. It would all be inoffensive. Make a little harmless mess and forbid her to go to others... If this were the case, Jennie would not be angry.

She liked Roseanne very much. This kind of petty play, if it were to be even more severe, as long as she was within her control, she would not be angry.