Chapter 1 - Rebirth

Yi Wei only returned to his room late at night. Coming out of the bathroom after a shower, he laid down on the bed, covered himself with the quilt and hugged himself tightly.

He was exhausted and wanted to sleep, however, he didn't dare sleep. He should have died on that cold night, why was he still alive? What made him
come back here? Was it a time-reversal? Or was he really reborn?

Putting both his hands on his stomach, Yi Wei felt the firmness and flatness of his lower abdomen making his hands tremble. Although his body had no other abnormalities other than feeling tired, his heart was extremely uncomfortable.

He tried hard to think very hard; it was still unclear to Yi Wei if this was the reality or just a dream he was having in case he still hadn't died at that time. And that so-called book he dreamt of, was that all true?

Yi Wei was so tired that he couldn't think anymore, he fell asleep in a daze. However, he was half awake throughout his sleep.

......................................................

......................................................

Waking up the next day, Yi Wei sat up abruptly. After taking a chance to look around the room, he slowly leaned on the bed, forced himself to concentrate and think seriously.

Judging from what had happened last night and the current place he was in, he really should be reborn. Although he actually hoped, what had happened was just a dream, the pain and sadness which still remained in his heart forced him to recognize reality.

Getting out of the bed, Yi Wei walked into the sunlight coming through the window and stared at the view of the courtyard outside. Thinking of the various things that happened in his previous life, his mood was very complicated and heavy.

He could not deny that he was not at fault. He had done some stupid and wrong things, but he suffered more damage than anyone else. But now that the heavens had given him the opportunity to come back, he must cherish it.

In this life, love and affection, and all the things he cared about in his previous life, he didn't need it. It was more important to live well by himself.

Hearing the beep from the bedside table, Yi Wei walked over and pressed the screen embedded on the wall.

"Master Yi Wei, madam Jiang invited you for breakfast, your mother has already arrived." The helper's face appeared on the screen.

"I see." Yi Wei turned off the screen, closing his eyes, he took a long, deep breath. Even if he didn't want to see these people again, he still had to face them.

After washing and changing clothes, Yi Wei walked outside the courtyard of the dormitory and took the car to the residence Gu Heng and his mother lived.

Getting off the car, Yi Wei walked through the courtyard promenade and was about to enter the dining room.

But hearing the joyful laughter from inside, Yi Wei paused. In his previous life, even though he worked so hard, he could never manage to integrate in such a scene. But now, he couldn't care less about fitting in.

Seeing Yi Wei coming over, Jiang Shuqin smiled and spoke: "Good morning."

"Good morning Aunt Qin." Yi Wei then turned to look at Zhao Zhen and said: "Good morning, Mom."

"Morning." Looking at Yi Wei, Zhao Zhen replied with a smile.

After sitting down, Yi greeted Gu Heng and Yi Xuan and then began to have breakfast.

Yi Xuan quickly glanced at Yi Wei's eyes. Facing Yi Wei, he still couldn't help having a guilty conscience feeling a little wrong.

Zhao Zhen looked at Yi Wei and spoke: "Yi Wei, I've discussed with your father and will celebrate your birthday in ten days. This year is your 20th birthday. We are going to invite more relatives and friends to come over and celebrate for you."