7 George

I woke up Thursday at 8:57 so I hurriedly got ready for my interview. Showered, brushed my teeth and hair and put on some nice clothes. I woke Dax up next and told him to get the bath ready. I checked the time 10:24. Ok I still have about 30 minutes left. "Dax! Hurry up with that tub!" I yelled at him hoping to usher him to hurry. "I am daddy!" He yelled back at me. I rushed to find him a nice outfit realizing that I'll have to buy him better ones. He ran into the room, his towel almost falling from his waist. "HEY! Get your towel on better I don't wanna see you naked!" I yelled dramatically, covering my eyes, making him giggle and grab the clothes I got out for him. He ran back into the bathroom and came back out struggling to button up his shirt. "C'mere let me help you bud." I told him and helped him button it up. I checked the time on my phone again. 10:48. We should be able to get there in time. We slipped out shoes on and went on our way, walking because bitch took our car.

--------

When we got there it was 10:57. I must have walked really fast. I thought to myself lifting Dax off my shoulders. "Alright buddy, I think that you're gonna be waiting outside for dad while I do the interview. But there will probably be somebody really nice looking after you, so you need to behave." I told him, pulling a lollipop out of my pocket and handing it to him. "Now if I give this to you you better be good ok Daxton?" I said to him placing the lollipop in his shirt pocket as he looked up at me and nodded with pure determination in his eyes. "You bet dad! I'll be the best I've ever been!" He told me grabbing onto my leg hugging me. You really are a sweet kid huh Dax? I thought while picking him up and hugging him. "Alright! You ready?" I asked him to which he replied with an aggressive nod. We walked in and a lady was there waiting for us. "You must be George Davidson?" She asked sweetly "Yup." I replied "Right this way. Also I'll take the kid with me once you get in there." She said leading me down a hallway. "Ok thank you..." I trailed off not knowing the woman's name "It's Clara!" She said with a smile "Thank you Clara."

--------

I dropped Dax off with Clara and went into the room where I saw a stout (?) looking man waiting to interview me. "Ah, you must be George Davidson, please have a seat." He said gesturing to the seat in front of him.

--------

"So little guy, what's your name?" Clara asked Daxton. "Huh, oh it's Daxton but my dad calls me Dax." The boy replied sweetly "What a handsome name for a handsome fella!" She remarked making Dax smile with pride. "Well would you like to see our toy room?" She asked the child reaching her hand out for his. "Well it's technically my toy room because my children like to come here with me when their dad is at work." Clara told him while leading him to a small room with a colorful door with the word "Beau" (pronounced 'bow' as in bow and arrow or bow tie) on it. She opened the door to reveal two little kids playing with wooden blocks why colored letters and numbers on them. "Mommy!!" They yelled in unison as they turned around and ran towards Clara each hugging one of her legs. "Hey aime! (loves in french) ((I used Google Translate)) How are you guys?" She asked patting their heads. "We're good mommy how are you?" They asked turning their heads up then over to Daxton. "I'm good. Oh by the way this is Daxton. His dad's here for a job interview, so if he does end up getting the job then he can come play with you guys when his dad has a work shift." Clara said introducing Daxton to her children. "Yay! That sounds fun! I'm Harley!" The girl in the purple dress said. "And I'm Jayden!" The boy with a yellow hoodie said waving. They both had auburn colored hair, the girls long and straight and the boys medium and fluffy. They had heterochromia in both eyes making them both half brown and half green which made them really pretty to Daxton. He just had boring old green eyes. He had always wanted blue eyes but his dad said that his face shape and hair wouldn't make them pop as well. They ran into the room playing with the blocks and Legos as Clara shut the door and walked back to the room where she saw George being interviewed through the blurry window. I really hope he gets this job... She thought to herself as she sat down and scrolled through her phone.

Wow I finally found out how to write longer chapters 😃🥲😅👍