Chapter 26: Roses And Thorns

"Come on Alia, you need to say it I am the best you have ever met." She giggled and hid in his muscular chest.

"Ok you are so great in bed that I forgot that might be orgasm number 9. Am tired of living like this we are no longer a secret so why do we still sneak to get these little pleasures?" She asked furiously.

"Getting worked up are we? Correction they are not little pleasures they are ecstatic and from your hard breathing I believe I have my answer" he said smiling. Then shuffled away.

"Where are you going?"

"Will be back in a few stay still." He padded to their walk in closet and then came back with a hand behind his back.

"What's going on?" He did not seem to mind that he was all naked and stood before her then went down on one knee.

"Alia Wambui Monroe. When I met you outside that coffee shop I was attracted to you despite the fact that I was married. I was like a moth drawn to a fire and you are my fire baby. What started as a forbidden pleasure ended with us being together despite fighting all odds we are still not there. I cannot promise you that I will be a perfect husband to you nor that I will not make mistakes but you can bare me witness that I have made a tone. Am still learning how to be your man that is why am proposing today. To do right by you. To step in the light with you and not sneak around to fulfil our dark desires. I want to wake up every morning with you and I know you have your insecurities, am willing to compromise where need be, fight with you, be happy with you and grow old with you because you are my sunflower. What do you say? do you want to make those mistakes with me?" He was crossing his fingers for her not to turn him down.

"There is one problem though you might want to talk it out with my kids and my parents. Did i also say Avery and Caleb need to be consulted.Don't forget the paparazzi too."

"I think I had it all handled they were the ones who asked when I was going to propose. I mean I have been with you for over a year and half, that should be enough to know the layers that make you up won't you agree?" Nicholas said smugly. People had not taken it well when it got out few months back that they were having an affair. Some members of the board withdrew but later regretted because the couple did not care who was willing to support them or not. They worked tirelessly to place the new company on the map of the fortune 500. They lived their lives in private despite the draw backs they got. Alia got most of the condemnation since they believed she was the one who broke it all.

Stephanie was nowhere to be mentioned nor Nicholas as well as Andrew. Such misogynist. Why is it always the woman? When Nicholas had asked her to marry him few months back she put him down. She was still healing from a broken marriage and the loss of a child. She needed the time to be alone and learn to love herself. After sometime she realised he was the one constant that never changed in her life and they picked up where they left off only this time she controlled the narrative.

Stephanie had given birth to a boy last she heard they had named him Harry after Andrew's father the boy was now one. She was happy for them. Edmund and his men were behind bars serving a life sentence. There was literally nothing to hold her back.

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes" He slide the diamond on her finger. It was still a little tender since it had been months after she removed her wedding ring. It looked awesome now that it had been placed on her.

"Do you like it?" He asked anxiously.

"I love it. I love you Nicholas Mbugua Mwangi." He kissed her soundly.

"As I love you Alia. I will love you now, always and forever."

"Well am grateful for the surprise but if we are not quick we will be late for work." She beamed as he carried her to the adjourning bathroom where they got tangled again as they washed one another.

*************

"We need to hurry the show is about to begin." said the director. Everything was a mess. People were running up and down to make sure the models had everything they needed. Others were trying to retouch their lipsticks while others were fitting in in their appropriate dresses.

"Has anyone seen the two chairpersons.?" The director shouted again.

"The chairman is seated at the front as for the Chairlady I have no idea." One of the employees answered while trying to fix one of the designs. They were all running on fumes. It was their first show since they merged. They had both the ideas from heel-bourne and Alluxuries. They were presenting both shoes and dresses it was chaotic. They had settled on both names since changing drastically will draw away the customers.

" Five minutes to launching." Announced the director again.

People started moving in formation. As the show begun.

*********

"There you are I was worried you might not turn up." Said Nicholas.

"And miss the greatest show in East Africa? One that I had a play in it no way." Alia said as she took her seat next Nicholas. She made sure to reflect her had so that those who accused her of a homewrecker can see the diamond pretty well.

"Am glad you are hyped about it." She looked at him wistfully. Then touched his thigh suggestively.

"Now we are bold in public are we?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows at her.

"Well since you are now my fiance am allowed to do whatever and whenever like right now am famished and need my toy." She said as she placed her hand on his dick. He moved a little not to draw the attention to them. Thank god the lights were dim. This woman was daring. He cleared his throat since she was getting him worked up.

"Lets go check that office of yours am pretty sure that it will not mind to accommodate us." He suggested lustily.

"I would also love that." she said as they stood up mid show and and left holding hands.

Mark who knew them just had to play in charge along with Peter and let the lovebirds have it. He knew how it was I mean he had just been engaged to Violet. He was the happiest man alive.

************

"Am pretty sure you did not bring me here to just let me fuck you did you?" Nicholas asked as he buckled his belt.

"You know me so well. Am impressed." She said as she adjusted her dress. It was designer. One that she made to stand out. Thanks to Nicholas, she was wearing his signature heel design one of a kind.

"Now do tell what did you want to tell me tesoro?" He said as he kissed her hard.

"Am pregnant again. And am scarred because of what happened last time and..."

"Hey I did not complain being a father did I?" Nicholas said gently embracing her.

"No."

"Then believe me when I say I got you all the way. But most of all am ecstatic. You have made me a father again. I love you my beautiful tesoro."

"I love you too Nick"

The End.

Thank you guys for the love and support. special thanks to Jane and Noel. these two lovies have been there all the way and the many that i may have failed to mention. This is the end we part ways and meet in my other book where are you Bianca Lynox? by angelanjoki. Much love don't forget to vote and comment